How many questions on Sec+ and can I go back to a problem?

watermelonsswatermelonss Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I know on the official page it says max. 90 questions, but does that include experimental questions/questions that don't count towards score? Also, is it possible to go back to a question?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes you are able to go back and answer a question. You can also mark a question for review. The max is 90 so i've heard i haven't taken it yet. however all the comptia exams have experimental questions on them that count towards your entire amount of questions.
  • Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    I had 75 questions when I took it a few months ago.
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had about 75, too. I remember there about 8 "performance based" questions which were all at the start of the exam...good luck!
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • watermelonsswatermelonss Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ^^Thanks for all the replies. Do you guys remember if 90 mins was plenty of time? Or did you feel more pressured because time was tight?
  • Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I finished in a hour, and I barely studied. It should be more then enough time.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • fire692fire692 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As of last Friday saw 74 questions, 5 simulations at the beginning. Finished right at 1 hour and I really took my time.
  • shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam yesterday and I also had 74 questions.
  • redterrorzredterrorz Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this sounds about right! the simulations kind of threw me off guard, as nothing in my self study looked anything liked them. I took it 2 weeks ago. I finished 5 min before time was up but I took my time w/the simulations.
    fire692 wrote: »
    As of last Friday saw 74 questions, 5 simulations at the beginning. Finished right at 1 hour and I really took my time.
  • Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    I think if you are prepared then 90 minutes is plenty of time. I finished in a little under an hour.
  • DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are worried about how much time you have I suggest you answer every question that you can. Even if it's a question you arent sure about answer it anyway and then mark it for review to look back at again when you are all set with the other questions.