Options

ITIL 2011 Exam information - Practice Test

sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Is it worth while grabbing a practice test for ITIL 2011? If so which is the best software to use?

Also will the 2011 exam be around for much longer?

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi sharpy56

I'm not sure what you mean by practice test - the official sample papers should be provided to you by your training provider. There are 2 sample papers for each intermediate exam, and your training provider can also choose to give you sample papers from courses with a similar syllabus (for example if you're studying Service Operation, the Capability OSA papers are useful).

2011 refers to the version of ITIL that the exams are based on and there are currently no plans for a new release.

Kind regards

Claire
  • Options
    sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Clare,

I am just studying ITIL 2011 by myself, are you able to point me towards these practice tests?

Are there two different exams I could sit? I'm in IT on a service desk so I'd want to sit an exam that is most relevant.

Thank you for your fast reply :)
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi sharpy56

If you're self studying for the ITIL Foundation then you can get a free sample exam (plus the syllabus) from the ITIL Official Site. The advice I gave you was for the intermediate level which doesn't allow for self-study, so I was assuming you had a training provider.

There is lots of good advice in the threads on this board about resources for ITIL Foundation, including some books which can be purchased quite cheaply. There are free resources too but be careful as they're not always quality controlled.

Kind regards

Claire