Options

Passed Net+!

phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
On August 28th with an 805...I'm not sure how that score compares to whatever the average passing score on it may be but a pass is a pass. I was surprised by the depth of information on it and the number of simulations. I don't know that I would have passed it had I not already taken Cisco courses 1 & 2, which really made the basic Net+ stuff sink in. I definitely think there were some things on there that the Mike Meyer's AIO didn't go into enough detail about.

And it renewed my A+. Now on to the CCENT/CCNA. If anyone has advice on taking the current version of those exams I'd love to hear it.

Comments

• Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif I'm curious if you were able to get the SIMs to work on your attempt. I had to skip 2 of them because the drag down menu would not work. I ended up going back to them on the review page and I was able to get them work.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's a great accomplishment that I'm sure will lead to even more!
  • Options
    Doyen wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif I'm curious if you were able to get the SIMs to work on your attempt. I had to skip 2 of them because the drag down menu would not work. I ended up going back to them on the review page and I was able to get them work.

They did seem kind of buggy. A few I had to skip then go back to to get them work at all and a few them kept closing and taking me back to the question every time I moved something or entered part of an answer, then I'd have to click to open the sim again...multiple times in order to finish the sim. Yeah, those were a pain. I probably wasted 10 to 15 minutes dealing with that.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At least I wasn't the only one that went through that. I had the same issue with Security+ SIMs as well. I was told that the new 401 version of Security+ fixed those issues. I am sure that if they have newer version of Network+ it will be resolved. It is rather annoying.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!icon_thumright.gif

I will be scheduling my in few days .... any advice/tip you want to share?
  • Options
    AmoshAmosh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing the Net+ exam,am writing month-end could could you assist me with tips and the current simulations being tested in that exam.Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    In response to those asking for advice on the test, I'd say know security, wireless, fiber, and how to cable a small network. Those seemed to come up lot. I don't wanna violate the NDA by saying anything too detailed. I'd also suggest answering all the multiple choice questions first, then go through the sims because if you waste too much time in the beginning on the sims you will run out of time to answer the others. I finished with about 5 minutes because I stopped to work through the sims first and probably should have saved those for last. Plus you might get tips from the questions that will help clarify things on the sims a bit better.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63