98-365 windows server administration

Rell5700Rell5700 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am taking the exam shortly and was wondering how was the exam?

Comments

• dparisutdparisut Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took and passed the exam today. Was pretty easy over all. There were a couple of questions that asked me to click on the exhibit in order to answer and the exhibit never pulled up, so I had to provide an answer without all the details. I'm not sure if it was the center or Certiport issue. Either way I passed. Plenty of AD questions on the test with multi-part questions. Good luck on your test...
  • Rell5700Rell5700 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks I took the test yesterday as well... I used Microsoft windows sever administration essentials, book by tom carpenter, sybex to study, Now I need to find another cert to get
  • parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    What sort of questions were you faced with? Are they more like a COMPTIA exam or a 70-680 windows exam? I think I've got the basics of servers down, but I took 70 680 three times before I got a pass...
  • Rell5700Rell5700 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They were all multiple choice and there were a few that we're not worded in a way were you can read the question only once. I had 42 questions for 45 minutes... Your best bet is go through the test and go back and correct the rest at the end. I never took a comptia exam so I can't say... You will do good... I just read a book for two weeks and passed
    Looking to take this exam in two weeks.

I read the Carpenter book, which I thought was very good. I got 125/150 questions in the end of chapter exams correct, many of the ones I missed were define this or that and with no MC answer to go on I counted those as being incorrect.

For those who have used the Carpenter book and taken the 98 365 exam, how were the End of Chapter questions versus the actual exam? Is an 83% score enough to pass the real exam? As I understand it it is mostly Multiple Choice questions and a few exhibit questions? I'm kinda scared it might be too easy, because the 70 680 was a beast of a test....
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    If you are preparing for MCSA 2012 R2, then 98-365 test doesn't make any sense for you. It's mainly for people who has no clue how server works. Just saying.
    Looking to take this exam in two weeks.

I read the Carpenter book, which I thought was very good. I got 125/150 questions in the end of chapter exams correct, many of the ones I missed were define this or that and with no MC answer to go on I counted those as being incorrect.

For those who have used the Carpenter book and taken the 98 365 exam, how were the End of Chapter questions versus the actual exam? Is an 83% score enough to pass the real exam? As I understand it it is mostly Multiple Choice questions and a few exhibit questions? I'm kinda scared it might be too easy, because the 70 680 was a beast of a test....
    omi2123 wrote: »
    If you are preparing for MCSA 2012 R2, then 98-365 test doesn't make any sense for you. It's mainly for people who has no clue how server works. Just saying.

Ya, I understand that, but I need some sort of certification as I have very little Enterprise experience with Servers at this point in my career. At least with Server MTA on my resume its another MS cert AND it validates my server work I have been doing.

I plan to take the 70-410 exam after I wipe this 98 365 out.
    I took the 98 365 today and fialed with a 68.

One of the questions I had, that I can not find an answer to, is what the last group policy to be applied before logon is? I thought it was Local roup Policy, but since I got a 68 I can't be sure :)