70-410 Passed ...2nd time the charm.

I finally passed this bloody exam!! I first attempted it back in May. I failed miserably. I then used my assessment sheet to study my weak points. This time, I took it online at home. The proctor made me empty out my pockets, take a picture of my ID, and scan around my room.

Dual monitors aren't allowed. Make sure you have a working microphone and camera. Took about 10-12 minutes to check in.

The test format has changed since I initially took it. The test used to be 52 questions, now it's 40.

To all of those out there struggling with this difficult exam, keep at it!!

The books I read were Mastering Windows Server 2012. [easy to read, goes into great detail]
The exam ref books don't really go into that much detail.
The CBT nugget videos were pretty good as a primer, but using these alone would lead to failure.
I labbed many of the exercises again and again.
Technet, when I ran into an issue that left me in a daze.

Also, I took advantage of the 15% off coupon going on until the end of the year. The exam was $127.50.
Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
Possible Start Masters in Information Security

Comments

• Paul6Paul6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How long until 70-411?
  • CampeonCampeon Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What book and labs did you use?
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I have it planned for the middle of November.
    The labs are basically recreating all if the videos in the cbt nuggets. And also doing what I am reading about in the mastering server 2012 book.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Congratulations!!! 1/3 the way to MCSA!
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the passing it. I'm on the same boat as you before. I failed the first time but studying to get next month. The book you studied Mastering Windows Server 2012. would you happen to have the outline which chapters you studied?

I tried to match them up but having trouble finding the right sections. That would help me if you don't mind me asking.. Now was the test harder then taking it in a center?

If this is much easier I will look into taking the exam online better just scared... Are you allowed to play music in the background or does it have to be a clean room without any computer?

Congrats once again. please email me back when you have a chance.

Thank you,
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done and congrats on the pass!!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on your 70-411 studies!!!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, good luck with the rest of the MSCA track icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    @Louie1277

You aren't allowed to have anyone in the room with you.

You can't have any music playing.

You basically just use your web camera to scan the room, to make sure there isn't anything incriminating. :)
    What about the outline you studied? I tried to match them but had a hard time finding them all.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • TeXJTeXJ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    where do I get the coupon code at?
  • TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Who did you go through so you can take the exam at home, I'd like to do this as I feel it would be easier being in a familiar environment.
    For the 15% off coupon go here .

When you select your test, choose the online OP option. 70-410 OP (Online Proctored)
  • TeXJTeXJ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Itrimble wrote: »

When you select your test, choose the online OP option. 70-410 OP (Online Proctored)

Thank you!
  • TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□

Thanks man.
  • urviurvi Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□

Hi
    Congrats on your success! icon_thumright.gif
    But how can Microsoft allow someone to take exams from Home? I think all cert exams like Cisco,Microsoft are given either at Pearsonvue or at Prometric testing centers.
    How can they allow if someone cheats by looking at books in his study room or under the table?

With Best Regards

p.s.: I don't mean you but just a general curiosity since people are always shouting about cheating and **** ,and even Microsoft and other Companies are so strict on these ,so it really surprised me that they allow people take exams from the coziness of their homes,where they can easily ****!! lol
    They made me unplug any secondary monitors, scan the room with the camera for paper. They needed to see my phone and verify it was working by doing a call. They did a pretty good job of making sure the environment is pretty secure.
    Well i better make sure that my desk is nice and clean. Make sure that no books are out. I just might take this test online like you did while everyone is at work,and school.

One more thing the questions they gave me you only received 40 of them correct? based on the question do you think it was harder then the first time, or was it the same as taking them in a center?

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    I was just as nervous. My regular testing center is pretty chill. Normally there is one or 2 folks in the place at the same time. When I took the test online, and the question amount was different I spent more time focusing. I was guessing that each question had various weights but these seemed more difficult than the Promectric version of the test I prev took.
  • ksmith0001ksmith0001 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job man.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    Congrats!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel