Options

SOX and ITIL?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone thought of getting certfied in:

* ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
* ITIL Practitioner Certificate in IT Service Management / Security Management
* SOX IT and Information Security (CSOX-IT)

If someone has an opinion on these certs, I would really appreciate it... They look really tempting!

Saludos Amigos!

Comments

• Options
    Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently studying for the ITIL Foundations certificate. From what I can tell, ITIL is really picking up in North America. Its a very interesting read (for me, anyway - I hear some people hate it).

Out of the past 3 job postings I've looked at, ITIL has been preferred. And around here, thats big cause the IT field where I live is very small.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The company that employs me is going to have me obtain ITIL. I'm currently working on my MCSE though.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Well, yes, ITIL is showing up a lot in job requirements... Thats why I wanted to give it a shot.

Do you know any good books? I found this one recomended by EXIN:

"Foundations of IT Service Management: based on ITIL" by Van Haren Publishing

The practitioner certs are interesting... specially the ones refering to Security, Availability and capacity planning. They require a course from an official ITIL trainer icon_sad.gif

Saludos amigos!

PS: I' m too with MCSE... and after that comes CCNA & CCDA... so... in 2 or 3 months I'll prepare it... maybe between Project+ and CISM.