can you take calculator or scrap paper inside?

dtakhardtakhar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
also how much subnetting and cable standards on the exam?

thanks,

Comments

• tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    No and definitely no. If the test you're taking requires a calculator, one will be provided on-screen during the test but I can say that for Network+ you will NOT be given one. I suggest you try studying brain **** methods because all you will get is a dry erase board and a marker.

What I did was remember all of the classes of IPv4 aand their CIDR notation, subnet mask, etc... Then the second they sat me down I wrote all of it on the dry erase board and cleared my mind. Hint: you get 10 minutes of the pre-exam questions before the time starts rolling for your actual exam. USE them!
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    tkerber wrote: »
    Hint: you get 10 minutes of the pre-exam questions before the time starts rolling for your actual exam. USE them!

This is good advice in general- use the 10-14 minutes you get before the exam starts (the exam "tutortial" part) as the time to write notes on the blank sheet they give you. This way you don't cut into your exam time.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You cant take anything in, but when I took my Network+ exam they provided me one of those erasable pads and a sharpie pen.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn't have a calculator available and subnetting is something you should learn prior to it. I've got a dry erase board and marker for any cert I've taken though.
  • dtakhardtakhar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys, passed today with an 802. i found the multiple choise rather easy, over studied. i found the simulation questions confusing, the first question i pretty much skipped cause it was frozen and i didn't think i could leave the room, but rocked the rest of the test and then told the moderator and he said sometimes the testing software freezes and i should have told him probably lost a few marks for skipping that. i honestly coudn't move the mouse or do anything, it was weird. good to know for next time, onto ccent/ccna. thanks guys.
  • theitman365theitman365 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! But you didnt answer you own question now that you have taken the exam LOL> Subnetting???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Subnetting isn't tested as much for Network+ but it is for ICND1/2.
  • dtakhardtakhar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, subnetting was like 2-3 questions max. they ask you how many hosts and subnets can be created etc, not like find out the range or what is the broadcast address, very little subnettting math, just know the basics but doesn't hurt to know subnetting inside out if you can, in case they have different questions on different days, not sure how recycled the exam is.