Difference between OCG and FLG books

Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
Just wondered what the differences between the official learning guide series and the foundation learning guide series of books was for CCNP? I understand they are bringing out the new revisions of these books over the coming months so whats a good place to start?

I'm not planning on starting CCNP R&S for a while as I want to focus more on the voice side of things for now but I think it would still be beneficial to have a set of CCNP R&S books for reference.

Cheers

A

Comments

• joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Who should read Foundation Learning Guides?
    The primary audience is networking professionals new to a subject area who need to build a learning foundation on a networking subject and who need an on-the-job desk reference

Who should read Certification Guides?
    These are mid- to late-stage exam guides that help readers master exam concepts. These books are written for readers who have conceptual, hands-on knowledge of the material and need to concentrate their study efforts before sitting for the exam.

Believe this definition still applies, just change certification guide for official learning duie.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/31190
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    I don't think that applies. Both sets are at roughly the same level of difficulty and contain more or less the same stuff. The FLGs are the course books for the Cicsco Netacademy curriculum I believe.

For the new exams it seems like they will just release a single set.
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    fredrikjj wrote: »
    I don't think that applies. Both sets are at roughly the same level of difficulty and contain more or less the same stuff. The FLGs are the course books for the Cicsco Netacademy curriculum I believe.

For the new exams it seems like they will just release a single set.

Cheers guys.

I just had a look on amazon and they will be doing both the OCG and FLG books for the version 2 CCNP exams.
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Cheers guys.

I just had a look on amazon and they will be doing both the OCG and FLG books for the version 2 CCNP exams.

In that case I would simply wait until a few weeks after release and see which one is getting the best reviews.