Options

Passed 802 A+ and now am officially A+ Certified!

cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
Hi guys,

I posted a month ago that I passed the 801 A+ and now I just passed the 802 A+. It feels great! I am making this thread to help any others out with questions regarding the A+.

Study Materials:
Professor Messor Videos (very helpful to learn content)
ExamCram A+ Practice Tests and Cram Sheet (comes with book)
Examcompass.com Practice Tests

Now I will be working on my NET+, see you guys over in the NET+ Forum!
Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems

Comments

• Options
    TownTown Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am hopin to take the 802 in two weeks or so. I found the exam compass practice tests to be really helpful for the 801, so I'm glad to hear they are helpful for the 802.

did you find the 801 or 802 more difficult?
  • Options
    Hi Town,

802 was nearly the same amount of simulations and multiple choice questions for my test. I thought I was going to have many more simulations but I only had a few. I was surprised.

Its very similar to the 801... I scored a little lower on 802 so I would say 802 a little tougher but not by much.
  • Options
    TownTown Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    vikashsvikashs Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Cdx, Congratulations!! I am starting to prepare for A+ and I plan to take 801 and 802 by Jan end and hopefully clear them.

Btw, I looked around on this forum and other websites and I am going to use two books - One from Meyers, Videos from Messers and some websites offering free practice tests.

Will keep you guys posted on the exam results too in sometime.

Thanks for the resources cdx.
  • Options
    fcp4lifefcp4life Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cdx wrote: »
    Hi Town,

802 was nearly the same amount of simulations and multiple choice questions for my test. I thought I was going to have many more simulations but I only had a few. I was surprised.

Its very similar to the 801... I scored a little lower on 802 so I would say 802 a little tougher but not by much.

I am going in to take mine first week of December what type of questions do they ask the most? Certain Area more than others?
  • Options
    Its all randomized FCP4life. Every test is going to have different random questions.
  • Options
    fcp4lifefcp4life Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cdx wrote: »
    Its all randomized FCP4life. Every test is going to have different random questions.

I understand, just gotta really focus in on the troubleshooting aspect, this is my first certification, going through a major switch to the computer it&security. So mad at myself I wish I picked it first