Options

A+ Laser Printer Question

bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
I have a couple different A+ books, and one detail in the laser printing process is driving me crazy, as they both differ greatly in the steps.

One book says the order goes: Processing, charging, exposing, developing, transferring, fusing, cleaning

The other book goes like this:
Cleaning, charging, writing, developing, transferring, fusing

Now how in the f*ck is this possible? I'm very sorry for my language, but this should be a set standard of processing, not something that multiple people come up with. It's not easy to study for something where you have to know every little detail of things you will absolutely never have to know in the real world (example - FDD use 34 pins and have a red pin indicating the 1st pin - blah, blah, blah). Sorry for my rant, but it's very frustrating to me.

Which one is actually on the A+?

Comments

• Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I remember a time when all of the information was quite important to know, there have been a few different processes over the years, it depends on the person writing the book, also different locals in the world have had different process. I would be interested in knowing when those books were wrote that you are using for studying.

But ultimately, who needs to know this stuff? Well You do! You will be amazed at what stuff you run into, in the Real World. I did work in a small 5 person office the other day and believe it or not, they are still using LS120 drives in their machines.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    jd386jd386 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I ran into this problem when studying as well. Checking the latest exam objectives, CompTIA uses the ordering in your first book. Processing, Charging, Exposing, Developing, Transferring, Fusing, and Cleaning.
  • Options
    bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
    jd386 wrote: »
    I ran into this problem when studying as well. Checking the latest exam objectives, CompTIA uses the ordering in your first book. Processing, Charging, Exposing, Developing, Transferring, Fusing, and Cleaning.

Thank you very much for that information.