801 Pass

ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
Good Morning,
I passed the 801 yesterday. I would hope so with 15 years of experience. I had to do it for WGU, I didn't bother studying for it. 850 points

I probably would have had myself flogged if I didn't pass it. My biggest hit was in networking. Always is.

Words of advice to anyone taking the test:

Read the thing carefully. One word in the sentence can change an entire answer. Also memorize your networking stuff. I always get tripped up over some of the things about network security and encryption stuff.

Good Luck!
--
“Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
2015 Goals: [] 70-410

Comments

• BoneSpurBoneSpur Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I passed 801 on Wednesday as well. I didn't have many networking questions per say, more wireless standard questions and scenarios than anything.
    All the effort in the world won't matter if you're not inspired. - Chuck Palahniuk
  • cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats and a big YAY for CompTIA's wording! lol
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    congrats and a big YAY for CompTIA's wording! lol

I had 2 questions that were worded almost identical, but had different answers because of one word in the sentence. They are tricky folks, those CompTIA people!
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
  • cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From what I hear MS cert tests are even worse...... can't wait for my MSCA exam icon_rolleyes.gif
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    From what I hear MS cert tests are even worse...... can't wait for my MSCA exam icon_rolleyes.gif
    When you take MS exams make sure you take notes on the questions. Draw the network out if it helps. For me, it helps to see it laid out rather than in the block of text.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations :D I passed mine today with 813, 90%. I, like you, didn't do much studying, building systems, and being the family Techie for 13 Years prepared me for a lot of what was on the test, somethings that tripped me up were the laser printer questions, and some of the dealing with prohibited content questions. Best of luck on your 802 :D
  • houdini5150houdini5150 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Felt mine was a little odd... But passed.