Prometric Vs Pearson VUE for upcoming exams, end of Second Shots??

EspiOneEspiOne Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
As I took my last exam of the year, I was talking to the on site director and he mentioned the change to Pearson VUE, but also mentioned as a side note, that Pearson VUE does not offer SECOND SHOT Exam offers via Microsoft.

Is this true?? Are we looking at the end of Second Shots??

Just FYI.....if this is true....wow??

Comments

• cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I dont know anything about that specifically, but looking at certs on the MS website. I noticed the disclaimer saying that Promtetric will not be scheduling MS certs next year.

EDIT: just confirmed on the MS website
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Microsoft Second Shot promotion regularly comes and goes. It is true that they currently don't offer it but I would be surprised if they never offered it again in the future due the popularity.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I could totally see Pearson not doing the second shot program.... they don't seem too "friendly" to me. Was that program something that MS did and not Prometric??
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Was that program something that MS did and not Prometric??

Yes it is a Microsoft promo that you had to register for through the Microsoft website and not a Prometric promotion.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Quick search of my email archive shows PearsonVue participated in 2nd shot before:

"Microsoft’s free exam retake offer is back by popular demand! Simply complete your exam(s) at any Pearson VUE® Authorized Center by June 30, 2006 and retake the exam(s) for free if you do not pass on the first attempt. Initial (paid) exam(s) must be completed by June 30, 2006; second shot (free) exam(s) must be completed by July 31, 2006. This offer is valid for all Microsoft exams worldwide. Any means of payment, including promotion codes and vouchers, may be used on the paid exam(s). You must pre-register for this offer with Microsoft. For complete details, visit www.PearsonVUE.com/ms/2ndShot"
  • EspiOneEspiOne Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, that is good to know, I am not a great test taker, having had to take MS exam 2 or 3 times in the past, some of my older certifications (XP/VISTA) and my newest, (win 8 ) were passed on 1st attempt, but with work and family, 2 times may be required.

I hope they offer some 2nd Seconds in 2015, as I plan to move on to Server 2012 and give it another short.

Thanks for your comments.