How to Ace A+

engr.abshirengr.abshir Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I NEED ebooks,videos links,study material.i want to do A+ NETWORK by self study?

Comments

• bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Although I have worked on various hardware for a long time, I did not take the A+ because I could not find the ROI for this certification.

I think I remember that if you watch Professor Messer and Gibson's videos and the Gibson books, you will do fine for both the A+ and Network+. You may want to read the threads of others who passed the exam(s).

Some experience that you may have may also help you in the exam.

Good Luck!!!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I NEED ebooks,videos links,study material.i want to do A+ NETWORK by self study?

I 'hear' what you want and fear you are approaching this in an unexpected manner.

This site is for serious students. We do not support, condone, or assist the quickie fly-by-night get-me-certified-as-fast-as-possible method here.

You are encouraged to download the objectives from CompTIA for any certs you are preparing for. The objectives outline ALL the areas in which a candidate should be familiar with prior to scheduling ones exam. Other texts, Meyer's, Sybex, cram books, various other sources are mentioned by the members throughout the forum, please read the plethora of old posts.

If you are unwilling to put forth the effort yourself, others will be less inclined to assist. Part of being a good IT person is learning tools to self-study and self-troubleshoot problems...if this is the first problem you have, here is a great opportunity to practice your skills.

Members are willing to assist with clarification of topics if you post a decent question. But if you are looking for the easy way out, you have not found the best fit for you here.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    There are no legitimate short cuts, you just got to study the material and make sure you have a good fundamental understanding of the study materials and the subject matter. Anything worth having, is worth working for. No Short cuts!
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes the All in ones are very thorough and should have all the required material for what you need, as some others also pointed out, professor messers free videos are a great study supplement. If you're in my area please PM me, I may be able to lend you some materials.
  • windywalkswindywalks Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have got my Mike Meyers book and will be watching professor Messers video with it to prepare for A+ exam. I have some questions in regards to how or what is the best way to prepare for A+ exam. Anyone who recently passed A + exam, please help.

1. Should I read the 801 part first or all in one go ? ( 801 and 802 together )
    2. For people who recently passed A+ exam, how long did it take for you ( on average ) to prepare for the exam ?
    3. Do I require any materials like CPU parts or the Messers videos are good enough ?

Any advise is much appreciated !

Happy Holidays !
  • BJ4ITBJ4IT Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally I really enjoyed Meyer's writing style, but his book doesnt break down the CompTIA objectives in any sort of order, so you never know what you need to know exactly for the test or what is just good information. I think his book would be great for trying to gain all around knowledge, but for the purpose of getting certified, I myself went the route of Darril Gibson and GTS Learning. IMO so far from what i've been reading GTS Learning's material has been the best.
    2015 Goals:
    CCENT
    CCNA
    CCNA Security
  • windywalkswindywalks Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone else ?
    windywalks wrote: »
    I have got my Mike Meyers book and will be watching professor Messers video with it to prepare for A+ exam. I have some questions in regards to how or what is the best way to prepare for A+ exam. Anyone who recently passed A + exam, please help.

1. Should I read the 801 part first or all in one go ? ( 801 and 802 together )
    2. For people who recently passed A+ exam, how long did it take for you ( on average ) to prepare for the exam ?
    3. Do I require any materials like CPU parts or the Messers videos are good enough ?

Any advise is much appreciated !

Happy Holidays !