Options

Passed CEH today 12/24/14

diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally passed the CEH.

Study materials used:

--Professor Messer's Nmap Secrets -- By far the best learning material for TCP/IP and NMAP.. icon_sad.gif It's no longer available i happened to get it before he no longer offered it. I've provided a link below for the course enjoy.

*** link to professor messer's nmap secrets is below****

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y382v623huuvkce/Professer%20Messers%20Nmap%20Basic.iso?dl=0

--Pearson's Certified Ethical Hacker Cert Guide
--Matt Walkers Certified Ethical Hacker: Exam Guide (AIO) both 1st and 2nd editions
--Sybex Certified Ethical Hacker Version 8 Study Guide
--Android Eccouncil CEH app -- Really the best testing engine for CEH over BOSON. I used BOSON for Sec+ was fantastic but I've found that the official Eccouncil app is better.
--Official Ecccouncil Study Material & Course-- took a $3500 laughable (thank god I used my MGIBill) 5-day boot camp at New Horizon Testing Centers in Charlotte, NC (I don't recommend this unless you are a very well seasoned IT security professional) --> meaning you should already know the material. The boot camp is extremely fast paced.

About Exam:
Use process of elimination and when in doubt go with your gut feeling.

To make folks feel better about what type of questions they ask in regards to tools: I've taken the exam twice and this is the layout:

Nmap, Snort, Wireshark, are the main in depth tools! You must know them very well. The rest is just knowing what tool is for which thingy ma bop..

For example Disclaimer **this is not a question on the exam its just a similar**

Engineer A has been asked to perform a test of a web application for a company. Which tool is best used for web application testing?

A.) nessus
B.) nmap
C.) cain
D.) TCP over DNS
C.) nikto

Good luck! Merry Christmas! -- Too all you politically correct folks out there -- Happy Holidays!
c colon i net pub dubdubdub root

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the CEH :D
  • Options
    Sscp1986Sscp1986 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!
    Thank you for sharing your study tools.
    Can you send professor messer NMAP secrets?
    my email is sbhabla@gmail.com

what do you mean with "not recommended unless your are a well seasoned IT security professional?"

Do you mean the bootcamp or the certified ethical hacker course?

I saw you planned to do SSCP if you need any help just email me.
    I passed the SSCP exam last Friday and can give you info what resources i used for my study.

Greetings
    2015: CISSP[Working on it]
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sscp1986 wrote: »
    Congratz on the pass!
    Thank you for sharing your study tools.
    Can you send professor messer NMAP secrets?
    my email is sbhabla@gmail.com

what do you mean with "not recommended unless your are a well seasoned IT security professional?"

Do you mean the bootcamp or the certified ethical hacker course?

I saw you planned to do SSCP if you need any help just email me.
    I passed the SSCP exam last Friday and can give you info what resources i used for my study.

Greetings

Boss wants me to go for CISSP over SSCP. I have all the study materials to include: Shon Harris mentor videos + AIO book, and I purchased the Official CBK third edition.
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root