CCNP Voice with one year Experience at Cisco

10jwood10jwood Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm currently in a contract position at Cisco Systems making $14.50 hourly. By August I will have a CCNP Voice. My current job allows me experience supporting a variety of Cisco phones using Cisco Unified Call Manager and Unity. I was wondering if there CCNP's who have similar experience. After a year here, what salary should I be looking at with a CCNP Voice?

Comments

• omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    you don't have your ccna r&s and ccna voice yet. I was wondering how do you plan on taking 6 tests by august. Are you a superman? if you are making now only $14.50/hr, don't expect to get a raise higher than $18/hr after finishing your ccnp. A experienced ccnp voice professional gets over $40/hr easily. I don't think your company will match it for you.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    an experienced CCNP Voice can get a job for 65hr-125hr contract and anywhere from 80K-150K full time. However these guys/gals can design, configure and support large multi cluster CUCM installs with all the other supporting hardware and applications. If your just supporting phones doing moves adds and changes even with a CCNP V you can expect to get close to 25hr. Also omni2123 cisco employees blaze through exam tracks they have way more access to more resources average person working outside of cisco. If they get stumped on something help is only a IM away.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • JollycorkJollycork Member Posts: 149
    shodown wrote: »
    an experienced CCNP Voice can get a job for 65hr-125hr contract and anywhere from 80K-150K full time. However these guys/gals can design, configure and support large multi cluster CUCM installs with all the other supporting hardware and applications. If your just supporting phones doing moves adds and changes even with a CCNP V you can expect to get close to 25hr. Also omni2123 cisco employees blaze through exam tracks they have way more access to more resources average person working outside of cisco. If they get stumped on something help is only a IM away.

Well Said!!
    However these guys/gals can design, configure and support large multi cluster CUCM installs with all the other supporting hardware and applications

Yep, they know their stuff not just CUCM because IP phone networks is not just CUCM.