CBT Nuggets

504tech504tech Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Are the cbt nuggets videos a good source for studying? Are they similar to professor messer?

Comments

• cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes! Passed several exams using them. Highly recommended.
  • The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes they are good starting points. I have used them for every certification that I've taken and the material isn't dry, depending on who is doing the training. I suggest that you supplement them with labs or other materials like a cert guide. There are several threads here discussing what would be considered a good one to set up.
  • lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Managed to gain 70-680, ITIL Foundations, and Linux Essentials using CBT Nuggets. Try it out for the free 5 days. What works for some may not work for all.
  • 504tech504tech Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will give cbt nuggets a shot. Thanks for your advice.
  • ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    504tech wrote: »
    Are the cbt nuggets videos a good source for studying? Are they similar to professor messer?

IMO their videos are far better than those of professor messer
    they are more entertaining
    and unlike messers's videos they don't just mention the info, they explain it too.
    Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
    Learning: Python, C and C++
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IMO their videos are far better than those of professor messer
    they are more entertaining
    and unlike messers's videos they don't just mention the info, they explain it too.

I think it really depends on the topic. I found the messer videos much better for the 680 than the nuggets. And quite frankly, the 680 nuggets were much, much more lacking than the messer.

The ITIL nuggets were great! And the HealthCareIT ones were good.

I belong to CBTNuggets through my work, so I can access anytime. They are good as a whole, you just need to try it out to know if it is right for you.

-scott
  • sferg410sferg410 Member Posts: 129
    They are both good, I tend to watch both. However I prefer Professor Messer as he gets to the point with no crap. The CBT vids I have watched always have the guy talking total crap that has nothing to do with the subject.
    I want to watch 10 vids, 30 mins each, what I dont want is 5 mins of each of those vids (50mins) being the guy telling me some crap about his family or a photo he took.... just get on with the teaching, got another 40 vids to go yet!!!
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I really like how you can watch CBT Nuggets at a faster speed. Overall, they are pretty good. And they have supplemental classes, like subnetting, and powershell, etc.
  • swellbowswellbow Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used them for most of my certs. They're great, but should always be used in tandem with a suitable text, as well as direct attention paid to the course syllabus, the learning outcomes, and how they're emphasized. I think it's pretty obvious to most folks on here that everyone's exam experience for a given cert is going to be slightly different, and what CBT thinks you're going to see (or how you choose to allocate your study time based on how much they cover a particular topic) may not necessarily reflect the reality of the test you encounter.
  • devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it depends on the instructor. The CBT Nuggets CCNA courses with Jeremy Cioara are great. I used them for my CCNA, and I think they were much easier to get through than any dry textbook. Some of the instructors aren't as lively or engaging as he is, though.
  • BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also check out Pluralsight The videos I watched the instructor is more prepared with animations and graphics than CBT nuggets. I have access to both. No one source is perfect.
  • 504tech504tech Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bryando, I agree each source has it`s draw backs.
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sferg410 wrote: »
    They are both good, I tend to watch both. However I prefer Professor Messer as he gets to the point with no crap. The CBT vids I have watched always have the guy talking total crap that has nothing to do with the subject.
    I want to watch 10 vids, 30 mins each, what I dont want is 5 mins of each of those vids (50mins) being the guy telling me some crap about his family or a photo he took.... just get on with the teaching, got another 40 vids to go yet!!!

lol yeah, I don't care for a few of the instructors on CBT Nuggets. One guy keeps making jokes about how he's bald. My favorite is Keith Barker, for some reason his energy doesn't come off as cheesy to me and he explains things well.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA