Failed 70-411 twice now

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I went and took the 70-411 on the 31st before my voucher expired. I had been studying over my vacation and putting in a fair amount of time labbing here and there on the various topics. I have been using CBTNuggets, the MS Training Guide, Mastering 2012R2 book, and just looking around for stuff as needed on the web. I did better the second time but man this test is killing me. It is the only test that I have ever failed twice. I felt that the 70-410 was pretty easy compared to what this one is. Granted I am more familiar with the topics of the 410 and never use much of the technologies in the 411.

The exam was heavy on AD/GPO and NPS/NAP and covered all the other topics as well but not quite as heavy. I feel like that is sooo much to cover with this exam I am finding it hard to retain it all. There are so many topics that you need to know a lot of detail about otherwise you will not know what the question is asking. I have scheduled my 3rd attempt for the 30th of this month so I will see how it goes. I am gonna be pissed if I don't pass this time.

Good luck anyone who is taking this exam. Hope you have better luck than me.

Comments

• pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently studying for 411 and yeah I'm thinking there's a lot of content to cover for it.

How many questions was in the exam ?

I'm just going to do loads of labbing (after watching cbt nuggets and reading a lot of technets) and hope I have enough covered to get it done.

Good luck with the re-take, I won't be surprised if I fail on my first attempt at this one.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    pjd007 wrote: »
    I'm currently studying for 411 and yeah I'm thinking there's a lot of content to cover for it.

How many questions was in the exam ?

I'm just going to do loads of labbing (after watching cbt nuggets and reading a lot of technets) and hope I have enough covered to get it done.

Good luck with the re-take, I won't be surprised if I fail on my first attempt at this one.

It was around 40. When are you planning on taking it?
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It was around 40. When are you planning on taking it?
    Hopefully in the next 2wks once I've got a better understanding of NAP & NPS.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just keep trying don't worry it will sink in and you will pass it. That's what I keep telling myself. Trust me I failed twice already on the 70-410. Everyone keeps saying oh it's easy ya right!!!!!!!!!!! I find myself having trouble with GPO's/Permission
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    pjd007 wrote: »
    Hopefully in the next 2wks once I've got a better understanding of NAP & NPS.

Hopefully you pass.
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Just keep trying don't worry it will sink in and you will pass it. That's what I keep telling myself. Trust me I failed twice already on the 70-410. Everyone keeps saying oh it's easy ya right!!!!!!!!!!! I find myself having trouble with GPO's/Permission

It has been sinking in and staying more lately. I am sick of studying though and I still have 2 more test after this. Good luck on the 410.
  • Xenith19Xenith19 Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed the 410 twice before I passed it. I failed the 70-680 3 times before I finally passed.

Stick with it dude, even if you fail a third time. You just keep attacking your weaknesses with each failure, and eventually you piece together a passing score.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    better luck next time my friend
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Keep at it. I failed the 70-410 twice before I passed. I also failed the 70-411 once. I missed the mark by 20 points. But since 2nd shot is back, you get a get out of jail free card if that's any consolation. Don't give up!
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security