Just Passed eCPPT Gold. Review to come

icon_cheers.gif Just got the good news; I passed the eCPPT Gold first try!
Some members have requested a review of the course, and I really wished I had one when I was trying to decide if I wanted to take it, so I decided that I will go ahead and write one within the next few days.

What would you all like to see in the review?

Comments

• ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Length of time you studied.
    Study materials.
    Strengths
    Weaknesses.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Looking forward to the review.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats!!! It will be April before I jump into the PTPv3 course but I would definitely love a review.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Include your previous experience and what was most helpful in preparing.
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Thanks all! I wrote down some notes about what I wanna write. I'll get it posted before next week :) gotta wait for work to slow down some lol
  • JamesITJamesIT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed this in November 2014, posted a review here https://www.infosecninja.net/2014/11/04/ecppt-certification/

(Sorry for thread hijack, just thought might be useful)
    2014 Cert Goals: eCCPT (DONE), BSc Hons Ethical Hacking (In Progress)
    2015 Cert Goals: CompTIA Security+ (Done), DVLA Driving License, Security Tube Python Expert
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

@JamesIT - Hey, I'm in Maryland's Cybersecurity Coursera specialization certificate program too. Taking Hardware Security right now.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • JamesITJamesIT Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fuz1on wrote: »
    Congrats!

@JamesIT - Hey, I'm in Maryland's Cybersecurity Coursera specialization certificate program too. Taking Hardware Security right now.

I just signed up :), I dropped out of the specialization track for software security as I didn't have time. But going to do software sec next time around.

Do you have linkedin?
    2014 Cert Goals: eCCPT (DONE), BSc Hons Ethical Hacking (In Progress)
    2015 Cert Goals: CompTIA Security+ (Done), DVLA Driving License, Security Tube Python Expert
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_study.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • dookdookdookdook Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Couple of questions regarding this course.

1 - How are the quality of the videos you watch? I saw a preview of a eLearnSecurity course, and i understand the main guys are Italian, and could understand them OK...but....just wondering how easy it was to understand this course videos (in terms of speaking English)

2 - How much do you learn from the course material? i.e Should you be going into this course already with some knowledge in web app/network security and pen testing?

Cheers
  • john13619john13619 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did you find the machines labs ? different from others ?
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Hey guys! Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth for a while. Life got super busy, and getting this cert has actually lead me to a very likely promotion, so that says a little bit.

The quality of the videos is perfect, IMO. Very is to hear and understand. There are no issues reading the text, and they explain everything clearly.
    Regarding the experience going in, the more you have, the better. There is a lot of material covered, so unless you buy the non-expiring voucher, being able to spend less time in one section and more in another will be very beneficial. I considered myself as having a decent amount of knowledge going in, but I still learned mountains of information, and I still refer to the material from time to time.
    The labs were excellent. I think they do a good job mimicking what you'll find in a real engagement. I really enjoyed the labs because they give you a lab manual for you to follow, and they explain everything. After I went through all of the labs a few times and get to where I could do things without referencing the solutions, I just started treating each lab as a black box engagement.
    This was the first pentesting cert/training course I've taken, so I cannot compare to others, but I would honestly recommend it to anyone looking to get into the pentesting field or just looking for a challenging cert to add to their resume.
    I'm currently debating taking their practical network defense course, or breaking my back over the OSCP. I still have knots in my back from the eCPPT exam lol
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for coming back and doing the review!
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.