Options

All CompTIA pricing is scheduled to increase as of January 1st, 2015

2»

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    CompTIA isn't worth the time, money, and effort...PERIOD!

This sums it up. I guess if you want to be a desktop support guy A+, other than that I have no idea why you would go CompTIA.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was already recommending MTAs over CompTIA, but now even more so. If you get them for free (employer, school, etc.) then great, but if it's out of pocket MTAs are the way to go with entry-level certs. Then jump out to Cisco or MS or whichever vendor you're working with.

Sounds like they are being greedy thinking it's the standard for entry-level so everyone will buy them no matter what.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Right, if you want to stay at the help desk and/or be a pc hobbyists, then CompTIA is for you.

CompTIA is not for me, I am an IT Professional.

BTW, CompTIA is playing games with me telling me my S+ isn't valid even though I got it back in 2010. I'm in a DoD position that requires S+. I'm trying to get the email address of Todd Thibodeaux to explain my situation and not take it again. If anyone has it, let me know.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Well, Mr. IT professional, if Todd lets you off, I want to be let off. I worked my first DOD job in December of 1971. I have worked either Unix or Linux exclusively since 1988. I have implemented something that every Red Hat system gets before it goes online lab wide and that covers a couple hundred machines if you include out clusters, but I am being forced to take Linux+. Prior to that, though I had Sec+, I was forced to get enough CEs to keep it, even though it was 'Lifetime'. So if you convince Todd to renew your Sec+ I'd like a copy of your email.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    brownwrap wrote: »
    Well, Mr. IT professional, if Todd lets you off, I want to be let off. I worked my first DOD job in December of 1971. I have worked either Unix or Linux exclusively since 1988. I have implemented something that every Red Hat system gets before it goes online lab wide and that covers a couple hundred machines if you include out clusters, but I am being forced to take Linux+. Prior to that, though I had Sec+, I was forced to get enough CEs to keep it, even though it was 'Lifetime'. So if you convince Todd to renew your Sec+ I'd like a copy of your email.

If all of this is true, Linux+ will be a walk in the park for you. DoD will pay for the cert too...
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    thegreatbelowthegreatbelow Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The only reason why I continue to take CompTIA certs is because they are the low hanging fruit needed to satisfy requirements of WGU courses.
    Why not spend a couple of days take the test then take one less class towards your degree.