Passed CEH v8 with 86%

mdk77mdk77 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been a long time observer of this forum since August 2014 which is when I decided to study for the CEH. Today I took and passed the CEH with an 86%. I am a little disappointed as I expected to get 90%+ however I will take it!

I took the self-study route instead of taking a boot camp preparation class. The two items that helped me the most are Matt Walker's latest AIO with exams. Also, I used the Boson material which helped quite a bit. Leading up to the exam, I was getting 100% and 900+ consistently on the AIO simulation exam and Boson respectively.

The exam questions were written in poor English so you have to read between the lines a little.

Best of luck to those who are preparing for this. Study until you nearly master the fundamentals and take the practice exams repeatedly. It will pay off.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Where to next?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • mdk77mdk77 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

I was thinking of CRISC...but not until 2016 :). I am committed to one cert per year for sake of sanity.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    mdk77 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I was thinking of CRISC...but not until 2016 :). I am committed to one cert per year for sake of sanity.

I completely feel you on that. I did 3 last year (and started on a 4th) and that was more than enough. This year I think I will do two, CISM and CISA (along with my FL Real Estate Broker license). I had grand plans for this year but have quickly changed my mind as it's just way too stressful and having all of that pressure was getting to me after just three weeks into the new year.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework