What Remote Tool do you use?

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
I use Teamviewer, bought a business license and use it on my laptop and home PC, love it.

What do you all use?

Comments

• techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RDP at work, radmin at home, I might switch to teamviewer or chrome remote desktop for phone client access.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For our SLA clients we use N-central remote monitor by N-Able, and for our non-SLA clients we use TeamViewer we also use Amyadmin now and then for our clients who are not in the country TeamViewer gets intermittent sometimes when logged into a clients computer and of-course we also use RDP.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good old SSH into my router at home then tunnelling with putty.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Also bought a license for Teamviewer. If the environment is locked down, WebEx is usually open - using that as "emergency" solution.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • IT-FellaIT-Fella Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are the benefits of business license (TW) for a regular user with 2-4 pcs (a couple of home computers, work laptop) besides removing that annoying window? I briefly read through the features of $749 version and I can't see any that are nice to have.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    IT-Fella wrote: »
    What are the benefits of business license (TW) for a regular user with 2-4 pcs (a couple of home computers, work laptop) besides removing that annoying window? I briefly read through the features of $749 version and I can't see any that are nice to have.

The main benefit of a business license for Teamviewer is after the 10 day trial period is over you can connect to a workstation (however the client session of Teamviewer can be expired, it just matters that the connecting station (server) has a license) and also it allows for multiple connections. Like I have it on my Desktop and Laptop and I can manage up to 10 different Teamviewer clients at a time.

Secondly the other reason is Security, Teamviewer is very secure!

I prefer Teamviewer over RDC because then I don't need to poke a hole in the security setting on the clients that could possibly poise a security threat, Encryption is based on 2048bit RSA private/public key exchange and 256 Bit AES session encoding (way better than RDC), plus the Teamviewer program has a encoder that scrambles key strokes so if you happen to have a keylogger running on your computer it won't allow access from the password you enter.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    RDP for some stuff and VNC ala Kaseya for client servers/computers.
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use Teamviewer. I have been using it for a long time. :)
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I used to use LogMeIn Free version for home. Switched to Teamviewer and use that occasionally. At work, Putty (ssh) for Unix/Linux and Remote Desktops (mmc) for Windows.

@SnowBros - is N-able still using a bastardized version of VNC for their remote software? I remember the rubber-banding of the mouse using it....the horror...the horror...
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Teamviewer at home.

Work - SCCM, RDP, Dameware, or Putty depending on the situation.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Kaseya, RDP, GoToAssist (in that order). 90% of the work is Kaseya, which has gotten much better in just a few months (different backend).
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    --chris-- wrote: »
    Kaseya, RDP, GoToAssist (in that order). 90% of the work is Kaseya, which has gotten much better in just a few months (different backend).

I love Kaseya, you can hook that sh*t up to a giant 70 inch plasma and have little computer icons on it and when one craps the bed in alerts it goes red.... only problem is if your boss places the thing in front of his office through his glass door and is like "[my name] fix it NOW [insert screaming]!!!!" ...then it's not so much fun icon_razz.gif
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Fast Support, Logmein, Teamviewer
  • -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    At work, RDP, Bomgar, Dameware, Putty.

At home: teamviewer.
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Verities wrote: »
    @SnowBros - is N-able still using a bastardized version of VNC for their remote software? I remember the rubber-banding of the mouse using it....the horror...the horror...

It's using NTR Global: Remote Desktop, it's not too bad hey.
  • discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    I use a few, Goverlan for most internal LAN Desktop Admin work, I don't think there is a better Remote Desktop Admin tool on the market right now, Goverlan is so powerful.

LogMeIn Rescue for people who are not based at an office

For terminal/server work I found a program called Royal TS, which in my opinion is a must have tool, especially if you deal with hundreds of Windows/Linux servers that you need to regularly RDP/SSH into, and for $40 it is a bargain, especially when Secure CRT is $100 and nowhere near as good.

I wrote an article about Royal TS because I love it so much.

I probably sound like a sales person right now, but I have nothing to do with the software, just a huge fan of it, has made my life so much easier.
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I love Kaseya, you can hook that sh*t up to a giant 70 inch plasma and have little computer icons on it and when one craps the bed in alerts it goes red.... only problem is if your boss places the thing in front of his office through his glass door and is like "[my name] fix it NOW [insert screaming]!!!!" ...then it's not so much fun icon_razz.gif

lol, yes between Kaseya/EmailToTicket/AutoTask are screens are never dim here nor are out mailboxes empty.

I wonder how connect wise is compared to Kaseya, anyone use both? We are far to down that rabbit hole to turn around but I am still curious about a comparison between them from a neutral party.