Best practice exams

barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All

What would you say are the best practice exams available that are most like the actual style the exam questions are written in.

I'm wanting to schedule my 70-410 soon and want to get some practice in place before hand. I was using a free online test but it seems really basic and most the questions are very easy which from what a lot of people say this test is fairly dificult.

http://www.tech-faq.com/70-410-installing-and-configuring-microsoft-windows-server.html

THis was the one I was using but it just seems too simple.

Looking at that other post for the online test which appear to be **** the questions seem really dificult but I'd rather pay for a reputable exam questiion providor not use those **** sites as you are not learning anything that way.

Cheers
Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/

Comments

• PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You're going to have to pay. There are no free practice exams that simulate the real test. Something like Transcender or MeasureUp will be the closest you can get.
  • barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're going to have to pay. There are no free practice exams that simulate the real test. Something like Transcender or MeasureUp will be the closest you can get.

Cheers PJ yeah I'm fine with paying I'd rather get something that is going to help me. Is there any preference between the Transcender or measure up tests?
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
  • barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to bombard you with posts.

Just had a look at both providers and the Measure up download is £65 whereas the trancender one is £91 is there a big difference in the quality/quantity of the questions does anyone know?

Cheers
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
  • jediweaponjediweapon Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have both measure up and transcender. When I study I just want the practice test to reinforce what I know. I get bogged down when using Transcender, I like using the measure up tests. Transcender questions are very long and can require a thought (this isn't a bad thing but I have heard their tests are harder than the actual test).
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    barberj66 wrote: »
    Sorry to bombard you with posts.

Just had a look at both providers and the Measure up download is £65 whereas the trancender one is £91 is there a big difference in the quality/quantity of the questions does anyone know?

Cheers
    Since you're studying for 70-410, try this. Get a premium subscription to ITProTV. With that site subscription you get one MeasureUp (from their list) exam every month, not to mention labs and training. With a discount code (search on Google) you could get it for something like $40/month last I checked. It's not a bad deal as long as you're studying for the courses they offer.

Oh yeah, I do NOT work for these guys. I just think it's a good deal.

Also, yes. The Transcenders seem to be a bit harder between the two. They are both good enough though. The best thing about these tests are that they provide answer explanations, so you can learn why you got the question wrong.
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jediweapon wrote: »
    I have both measure up and transcender. When I study I just want the practice test to reinforce what I know. I get bogged down when using Transcender, I like using the measure up tests. Transcender questions are very long and can require a thought (this isn't a bad thing but I have heard their tests are harder than the actual test).
    Agreed I also got both and found the transcender questions too long winded.

I recently passed 411 and didn't use any practice test, I think for me after I'd done 410 I was comfortable with the format of the questions and if you're doing the MCSE then paying for practice tests will end up costing a fair bit.
  • sjtechsjtech Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also planning to do 70-410 soon. I've used both Transcender and Kaplan Selftest in the past - Transcender from way back for all of my MCSE NT & 2000 certs and Selftest more recently for 70-680/686. Haven't used Measureup. I'd have to say that Selftest questions were similar to how others have described Measureup - shorter and more to the point while the Transcender questions were longer, more detailed and required a bit more thought. The Transcender tests were awesome - at least as difficult as the actual exams if not more so, helped me pass every single one of my certs on the first shot. The way MS is structuring their exams the first section resembles the Selftest questions, so those definitely helped there - however the second section uses much longer scenario based questions that are closer to the Transcender style - the Selftest questions don't prepare you as well for this section.