Passed CISSP!

nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just took my CISSP exam yesterday and passed! I couldn't quite get a good feeling on whether I passed or not, I felt for sure when I hit submit that I would fail but when I was handed the paper and the first word was congratulation I was very excited! I have 13 years in IT experience and I feel that it helped quite a bit!

Next up is CEH, CHFI and CCNP Security!
Bachelor of Science, IT Security
Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)

Comments

• BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I hope to do the same in March
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing. if this forum has helped you in any way, feel free to share the resources used and test approach so others can benefit.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I followed through the CBT nuggets videos (did a 7 day trial and watched all of them within that time frame) and then I used eric conrads book along with shaon harris' practice test (I didn't touch the big book)

I used the sunflower sheet and another pdf I found on this forum the night before / minutes before the test and I just tried to keep everything in perspective..

Human Life
    DR
    Security Policy
    etc..

• Genesis99Genesis99 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! CISSP! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, welcome to the club :D best of luck on the CEH, CHFI (I assume for your masters program) and the CCNP:Sec
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Congrats! I face this beast on 4/11/15.
    Yes, for my masters and CCNP for my work :D I'm a network security administrator and we're rolling out all new Cisco ASAs and I want to try for my CCIE eventually.

Good luck Khaos! I can show you the link to the 60 page study notes I used from here, they were extremely helpful in the last minute overviews.

• RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Such a cool accomplishment. It is also cool that you knocked this out without the AIO.

I've been reading the AIO for the past few months and I'm finally approaching the finish line... I just picked up Conrad's book today and was immediately hooked. I like it -way- better.

Cheers,
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
    Thanks! good luck to you too, check out this post for the combined notes that I used for my last crash study too

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/102723-passed-cissp-yesterday.html

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Robicus wrote: »
    Congratulations! Such a cool accomplishment. It is also cool that you knocked this out without the AIO.

I've been reading the AIO for the past few months and I'm finally approaching the finish line... I just picked up Conrad's book today and was immediately hooked. I like it -way- better.

Cheers,

Lol, <Iknowthatfeel.jpg> I was provided the AIO from my employer, fell asleep reading it a time or two, picked up the Exam Cram for CISSP and read that instead, using the AIO as reference material for concepts I wasn't comprehending well enough. I've heard great things about the 11th hour as well :D
  • dctgibsondctgibson Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah...Shon Harris' AIO book was too much for me (although the practice exams were helpful). Works for others', though. Conrad's books and the ISC Official Guide did the trick for me....congrats to you.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• shamim.secshamim.sec Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Genesis99Genesis99 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□