Cybex book for MCSA

impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
I know that this book was just released, did anybody already buy it?

MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 Complete Study Guide: Exams 70-410, 70-411, 70-412, and 70-417

MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 Complete Study Guide: Exams 70-410, 70-411, 70-412, and 70-417: William Panek: 9781118859919: Amazon.com: Books

Can you guys give me feedback?

Thanks
Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

Comments

• jediweaponjediweapon Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought the new stand alone 70-410 2012R2 Sybex book yesterday and I am not a fan, I returned it. I think it is organized well but the material is very general in my opinion. I've been using the MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide R2: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 by Don Poulton and David Camardella, I think it is a better book. I just wish it was organized more according to the exam objectives, that is really my only complaint.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »

I have to agree that's the best one so far. This will be my 3rd time trying to pass the exam. This time i'm using this book to study rather then the other ones. I have notice this books into very good detail regarding certain chapters that you need. I hope this time around i will pass the exam.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I picked it up pretty much as soon as it came out. While I'm really still fresh in my 2012 R2 studies, I find the book has been covering exam items rather well so far. I run into the occasional part where it has been a little general but I imagine that it is intended to be a phased progression. Some books throw the whole kitchen at you right out the gate, this is not one of those. This book seems to focus on the core requirements for each area in the exam and then move on.

This is all speculative of course as I haven't finished my study yet. I have also watched the full set of CBT Nuggets 2012 and read most of the exam reference.

I will say that don't depend on the flash cards or tests it gives you to be much use. If you buy the complete study guide covering 410,411,412, and 417. The Practice tests and flash cards seem to cover all the material. I haven't figured out how to break them down to exam. Not super helpful if you are studying for just one of the exams at this point.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    poolmanjim wrote: »
    I picked it up pretty much as soon as it came out. While I'm really still fresh in my 2012 R2 studies, I find the book has been covering exam items rather well so far. I run into the occasional part where it has been a little general but I imagine that it is intended to be a phased progression. Some books throw the whole kitchen at you right out the gate, this is not one of those. This book seems to focus on the core requirements for each area in the exam and then move on.

This is all speculative of course as I haven't finished my study yet. I have also watched the full set of CBT Nuggets 2012 and read most of the exam reference.

I will say that don't depend on the flash cards or tests it gives you to be much use. If you buy the complete study guide covering 410,411,412, and 417. The Practice tests and flash cards seem to cover all the material. I haven't figured out how to break them down to exam. Not super helpful if you are studying for just one of the exams at this point.
    That's the thing who's actually going to study for more than one exam at a time or sit exams back to back ?

Anyone on here done it ?
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    How do you guys study? highlighting writing it down, videos, reading + videos? whats your studying strategy ?icon_study.gif
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My videos, book, lab and exam simulation.

Normally video is going first, then when I can only read I advance reading, when there is a lot of noise around me I lab and in quite time exam simulation, I try to do exam simulation from the beginning without reading the answer, so I begin to pay attention to the details

impelse wrote: »
    My videos, book, lab and exam simulation.

Normally video is going first, then when I can only read I advance reading, when there is a lot of noise around me I lab and in quite time exam simulation, I try to do exam simulation from the beginning without reading the answer, so I begin to pay attention to the details

What do u use for exam simulation?
    Transcender

Transcender

do they give explanations on the answers?
    Transcender gives you the explanation, you do not see the explanation, if you are not sure in that moment you begin to investigate why your answer is wrong and what should be, if you read the explanation you will know the next time you do the exam simulation and will feel more confident because you are answering right, then when you show up at the exam everything is a mess.

That's the reason I avoid to read the explanation, it is better you find out after you analyze and will never forget.

Transcender gives you the explanation, you do not see the explanation, if you are not sure in that moment you begin to investigate why your answer is wrong and what should be, if you read the explanation you will know the next time you do the exam simulation and will feel more confident because you are answering right, then when you show up at the exam everything is a mess.

That's the reason I avoid to read the explanation, it is better you find out after you analyze and will never forget.
    I agree, i dont want to just memorize the answers i want to know the "why" of the answer.icon_cheers.gif
  • SkellySkelly Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pjd007 wrote: »
    That's the thing who's actually going to study for more than one exam at a time or sit exams back to back ?

Anyone on here done it ?

I did something like that back in the NT 4.0 days. I took tests each Tuesday and Thursday for 3 weeks in a row to get my MCSE. Of course the tests were a lot easier then, and unlike now, I didn't have kids, a job, or a wife/girlfriend to interrupt my intense study time.

Of course, if you're going for the 70-417 upgrade test, that's the equivalent of studying for three tests at a time. I did the NT to 2000, 2000-2003 and 2003-2008 upgrade tests, which are similar, but frankly, I'm on the fence about taking the 70-417.
    2014 Goals: SCCM 2012 -Passed! MCSA 2012 -In progress, MCSE 2012 Server, MCSE Private Cloud