Linux+ completed!

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
Today I did both LX0-101 and LX0-102 at a local testing center back to back. They were fairly straight forward, scored a 570 on each (odd, i know), expected to score higher (mid 600s) but was NOT PREPARED for the fill in the blanks..... there were so many of them, each test had 10-12 of them, that constitutes 1/6th to 1/5th of the test being fill in the blanks. I know I got some of them correct, others left me completely clueless.... none of the material contained any questions in that style, so I was unprepared for them.

Overall another 6CUs down for WGU, and another cert (well actually 3 here) for linkedin & the resume :D

Materials used: Sybex Linux+ study Guide 2nd Ed.
LPIC-101 and LPIC 102 video series on udemy that I bought during Xmas for $10 each

Comments

• The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Congrats! You're a brave man... back to back tests. I spaced mine apart by at least 3 months. Regardless, Linux+ is a nice cert to have. I think it holds more weight than some of the other CompTIA certs.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I'm sitting for 101 in about an hour and 102 on Sunday!

Ok...back to studying...
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fuz1on wrote: »
    Congrats!!! I'm sitting for 101 in about an hour and 102 on Sunday!

Ok...back to studying...
    best of luck :D

@ The_Expert: thanks :D, yeah I also like the fact that it's a 3-in-1, that's always kind of nice :D
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats another one bites the dust!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice move that worked to kill them both at once.