Materials for "300-115 Switch"

sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
I usually use at least two books to study for exams. OCG and FLG. (Because maybe I'm paranoid).

Both OCG and FLG are available for 300-101 Route and 300-135 Tshoot. But only OCG is available for 300-115.

I'm doing the usual Boson and Pearson-IT combinations for practice.

Has anyone recently pass 300-115 Switch? Is OCG just enough to pass the exam? Used any other non-**** materials?

FLG for 300-115 Switch is going to be out in April or May and I can't wait that long.

Thanks a lot and God bless.

Comments

• theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SWITCHv1 OCG (642-???)
    Cisco Documentation (VTPv3, Stackwise, SPAN/RSPAN)
    Chris Bryant's CCNP All-In-One Videos
    SWITCHv2 OCG (300-115)

I started my CCNP studies before the new exams were announced. I liked the new SWITCHv2, so I used Cisco's 3750 Configuration Guide for IOS 15.0 to study the new topics until the new OCG came out. I finished my studies with the new OCG. Overall, other than a Stackwise which it could've covered a little more, it covered everything I ran into on the exam. I did run into one sim that had me do something [among other SWITCH related configuration] that wasn't on the exam topics or in this book, but the configuration it wanted was something any CCNA should be able to do in their sleep.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    Thanks for your reply.
    Do you have the links to those Cisco documentations? or are they just the ones that first come up when I google them?
    You passed the 300-115 New V2 switch exam, right?

I think Chris Bryant just started to upload V2 300-115 switch videos.
    I'm glad it covers most things.
    Thanks again.

theodoxa wrote: »
    SWITCHv1 OCG (642-???)
    Cisco Documentation (VTPv3, Stackwise, SPAN/RSPAN)
    Chris Bryant's CCNP All-In-One Videos
    SWITCHv2 OCG (300-115)

I started my CCNP studies before the new exams were announced. I liked the new SWITCHv2, so I used Cisco's 3750 Configuration Guide for IOS 15.0 to study the new topics until the new OCG came out. I finished my studies with the new OCG. Overall, other than a Stackwise which it could've covered a little more, it covered everything I ran into on the exam. I did run into one sim that had me do something [among other SWITCH related configuration] that wasn't on the exam topics or in this book, but the configuration it wanted was something any CCNA should be able to do in their sleep.
  • sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    Nevermind. I found your other post.
  • jrbrjrbr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any tips on material that cover StackWise? I just failed my 300-115 and I think that was the subject I missed the most on the material I had and that made a huge difference on my exam.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just recently took and passed the test. The OCG book was the only book I read for study prep. However I also paired it with:

* CBT Nuggets (Official CCNP Switch videos, CCNP Troubleshooting Mastery Videos, CCIE L2 / Switching videos), paired with taking extensive notes
    * Chris Bryant Videos (my favorite videos honestly), also took extensive notes over this content
    * Boson Exam simulator (I actually thoroughly enjoyed this. I felt it helped me understand things a bit better as well especially since I hadn't sat for a Cisco exam in a while since my route studies a while back).
    * LAB: Originally started with a couple 3550s and 2950s, ended up setting up GNS3 w/ IOU. Used a TON! Lots of lab hours.

* There will be some subjects the book covers that are not on the test and some subjects the book does NOT cover that IS ON the test. I'd suggest heavily reviewing the Blue Print and review each category heavily and know them all. I personally rated myself on a level of understanding from 1-3 (1 being I am weak, 2 being feeling fairly familiar, 3 being strong). Then I worked out each until I felt strong on everything and sat for the test.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi