New to ITIL 2011

JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone. I haven't posted anything in a while since I haven't been able to make up my mind on the next certification I need for my career until recently. Since the CISSP is getting updated in April 2015, I figured that the ITIL 2011 might be a good certification to work on until the end of April and complete by May.

I have the ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris, but wanted to know what practice tests or applications people recommended to help make this study process a bit more solid.

Thanks again for all the support.

Comments

• overthetopoverthetop Banned Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like/used ITIL Training Zone only and only because it was offering a $99 special on the training a bit ago. Now the training is 229 and the exam is 199. Personally unless the job is requiring it I wouldn't spend over 400 bucks on obtaining the cert. Only and ONLY if it was required. I can think of several certs that are about 400 more or less that have a better ROI. I would stick to the books, many people have had success with them. I have the book you listed, honestly its a bit dry but I am not saying that is good or bad
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Hi,

I used the ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris and primarily used the sample questions that follow each chapter to gauge
    myself.
    I also used CBT Nuggets ITIL training by Micheal Shanahan - these were very good

Best of luck with the exam

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have made all my ITIL 2011 Foundation flashcards available on my website. Check them on the following link:
    ITIL 2011 Foundation
    They helped me remember ITIL topics for a while.
    Also, I used "Foundations of IT Service Management With ITIL 2011" as a primary study guide. I made a review about it on his link:
    http://www.keyboardbanger.com/foundations-service-management-itil-2011/

I hope these links will help you too :)
  • asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ITIL Foundation cert is a good starting point. There are several sites that offer practice tests, such as itilprime(.com), certexams(.com), gocertify(.com) etc.

Also, check out the free tutorials here: ITIL Certification Notes

2 months duration should be sufficient to prepare for ITIL Foundation exam.
  • nitinsharma3nitinsharma3 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    3Alearning Solutions provide Professional ITIL Foundation Training in gurgaon with the Best practice.

The ITIL best practices are currently detailed within five core publications:ITIL Service StrategyITIL Service DesignITIL Service TransitionITIL Service OperationITIL Continual Service Improvement.

Some New age curriculum; ITIL foundation training course;

ITIL FoundationITIL Intermediate LevelITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)ITIL Expert LevelITIL Master Qualification

Thanks
    [h=2][/h]