Passed 70-410

Boxer77Boxer77 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the test last month and scored a 498. I studied for it with CBT Nuggets and Mastering Windows Server 2012 book. The book is a great resource but I prefer actual cert guides for their organization. After failing I picked up the Pearson Cert Guide by Don Poulton. I would highly recommend that book. I also did the Boson practice tests. It's a tough exam so plan on using multiple resources.

I wouldn't recommend CBT Nuggets. It may be a personal preference because I'm not a huge fan of learning by video. I thought the practice tests they provided were pretty weak in getting someone ready for the exam. I also didn't like how they had two "sets" of tests that were essentially the same questions.

Now on to 70-411

Comments

• nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Congrats!!!

Thanks for the tips, so book-wise, Mastering Windows Server 2012 + Pearson Cert Guide by Don Poulton did it for you then? Wow those are huge bricks, ~2700 combined

I'm hoping to learn more through labs than Videos and books, I usually learn much faster that way. idk if it is feasible to do it in 45 days like I hope to do, I guess we will see!
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tried passing the exam twice and failed using other books. I now have both books Mastering , and MCSA 70-410 Cert Guid by Pearson Cert Guide. I just bought Don Poulton book couple days ago . So far the reason is slow I'm on chapter 2..

I'm the say way as you @nster i need to follow steps and structure to learn. I'm more of a lab working guy but like most of us we can't offered that... Guess studying on your own is harder ... we will see how things go.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TalonizeTalonize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. My goal is to join you by May. Currently taking a class from my college for this exam. I really want to pick up that Don Poulton book, but im already behind on reading for my class as is lol
  • Boxer77Boxer77 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! It definitely is a pretty tough exam. I scored under a 500 on my first try. The Poulton book broke the topics and did a better job explaining it in better detail. I studied for my CCNA using the Cisco books which are laid out just like the Poulton book. I believe the publishers are the same. And just so we're clear, the Pearson is the Poulton book. It's this one: MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide R2: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012: Don Poulton, David Camardella: 9780789748805: Amazon.com: Books Mastering 2012 is great but it's not exam specific.

The only downside is that the 70-411 book by Poulton isn't released until April. I am going to use a few other resources to start getting ready for it. I want to get it in before the Second Shot expires.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boxer77 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! It definitely is a pretty tough exam. I scored under a 500 on my first try. The Poulton book broke the topics and did a better job explaining it in better detail. I studied for my CCNA using the Cisco books which are laid out just like the Poulton book. I believe the publishers are the same. And just so we're clear, the Pearson is the Poulton book. It's this one: MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide R2: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012: Don Poulton, David Camardella: 9780789748805: Amazon.com: Books Mastering 2012 is great but it's not exam specific.

The only downside is that the 70-411 book by Poulton isn't released until April. I am going to use a few other resources to start getting ready for it. I want to get it in before the Second Shot expires.

Did you pass the test? I just bought that book about 1 week ago. So far the book is okay. I'm at the beginning of the book so we will see how the rest pans out.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□