Stanly Mar-May

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
W00t w00t got accepted into the ICM 5.5 class from Stanly college. Some of you may be like, why?

Because I want too. :)

Comments

• Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I pushed my enrolment out to the May-July class. Too much going on with BSc to accept a place this time around.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    Just got my confirmation.

Should be fun!
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    I pushed my enrolment out to the May-July class. Too much going on with BSc to accept a place this time around.

I hear ya, its going to be a nice subject changer while I'm over here rounding out my CCNA studies. mainly just doing it cause I want to the discount voucher and to get the 5.5 ICM preq. even though I know having a current VCP removes that preq. I still want to take the class.
  • bym007bym007 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello from Saudi Arabia. This is Babar, and I also received an email this morning from Stanly CC to register my details for the Mar-May '15 session. Hopefully, I will get a seat this time.

How long it takes before you hear back after registering your details ? Thanks.
    CCNA R/S [ ], CCDA [ ], VCP6 [ ]
    BS Computers [✔], MSc Computer Networks [✔], MBA [✔]
  • AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got my email too.
    Hope to get the MCSA on WS 2012 next month and then go for VCP
  • rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    I got my enrolment too. Do we have to take the exam within that time period or is it just complete the online class?
    rockstar81 wrote: »
    I got my enrolment too. Do we have to take the exam within that time period or is it just complete the online class?

During March - May '15, you will get the classes. You have sometime after that to take your exam (1 year if memory serves me correctly). HTH.
  • rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    out of interest what format is the online course - is it video and then a lab? do you have to take weekly tests?
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Every few days a module is due (consisting of several videos, labs and a quiz). Screenshot shows a couple from the Jan-Mar course.

Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
    Anyone heard back from Stanly since?

I registered using Google Docs, and I am still waiting.
    How long do they take to get back ?
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bym007 wrote: »
    How long do they take to get back ?

2 weeks - hopefully!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    I hope so...icon_thumright.gif

fuz1on wrote: »
    2 weeks - hopefully!
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    FYI, you do not need the back to actually take and pass the class.

That being said, if anyone wants it, I still have mine sitting here unopened, and I can ship it anywhere in the states for less than it will cost you from the bookstore.
  • deltaman2012deltaman2012 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I put my name in the waiting list two days before. But still not received any reply. Anyone knows how long would they take to respond?
    Hi, I put my name in the waiting list two days before. But still not received any reply. Anyone knows how long would they take to respond?

Hi deltaman, I registered on 12/02, and am still waiting.
    Ok. So we have to wait for a few months, I think
    Hi deltaman, I registered on 12/02, and am still waiting.

Sorry I am not based in US. That was 12/Feb. :D
    Sorry I am not based in US. That was 12/Feb. :D
    I am also not based in US. I checked one more college (ohlone.edu=>hxxo://www.ohlone.edu/instr/cnet/cloudcomputing.html. They offer the cheap price it seems. But I am not sure how much they charge. I'm waiting for their reply.
    I am also not based in US. I checked one more college (ohlone.edu=>hxxo://www.ohlone.edu/instr/cnet/cloudcomputing.html. They offer the cheap price it seems. But I am not sure how much they charge. I'm waiting for their reply.

What dates are available, and how long is their course ? Kindly keep me in the loop.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We do not usually contact registrants on the wait list until a class comes available. If you just registered most likely you will be contacted for either the May or August class at the earliest. However, you can always feel free to contact us directly if you have any specific questions: slewis8950@stanly.edu.
  • djdertatedjdertate Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am a current Stanly student (Jan-Mar) and I purchased the books from Stanley (VMWARE IT ACADEMY VSPHERE: INSTALL, CONFIGURE, MANAGE (V5.5) VAP-EN-VSICM55-KIT Edition: N/A) but used other material instead. The books are still in shrink wrap and I will sell and ship then to whomever wants them $33 shipped via USPS.

Send an email to the link in my profile if you are interested.
    Received email with payment request but i cannot login:

"Error

The error below has occurred with the system. Consult the site administrator for further assistance.

Error (SSH706-2015.02.25-03.17.06.AM): null"

Are you having the same problem?
    I got the same message. I have emailed and already opened a support ticket.
    Lets see how this pans out.
    Now it's ok, just payd my 185$
    Confirmed that its working for me too. I also paid my $185, and now I can see an option for purchasing the book.

How recommended is this book ? Is it necessary to pass the VCP, or I could use one of many books available in the market ?
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Confirmed that its working for me too. I also paid my $185, and now I can see an option for purchasing the book.

How recommended is this book ? Is it necessary to pass the VCP, or I could use one of many books available in the market ?

The VMware press training books are useful; but if you want a good book get either the VMware press VCP 5.5 book or the Scott Lowe 5.5 book off Amazon.
  • arbitrarylabarbitrarylab Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was accepted to the Mar-May class but when I click on the WebAdvisor link to pay for the class I'm getting "WebAdvisor has encountered a system error and cannot complete your request. Please contact your system administrator."

I forwarded the message - hopefully it's resolved soon. Anyone else getting this?
  • arbitrarylabarbitrarylab Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was successful today and I'm all paid up. I'm psyched!
    I cant wait for the class. I think I read somewhere it starts on 24/March. Is that correct ?

Any idea,

a. how often we have the lessons in a week?
    b. how long is a session ?
    c. what happens if I miss a lesson or two ? Are the missed lessons available online ?

Thanks.