Options

Passed CISSP

BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
Well after a month of studying I took the test and knocked it out. I'll say some of the questions seemed out of left field, but it wasn't too bad overall.

Read the AIO over 3 weeks, read the 11th hr study guide the day before. It worked out well.

Comments

• Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks Spin. I submitted my endorsement forms by email about 30 seconds ago. I'll use this as a reminder so I can track the time line for my own knowledge.

For anyone else taking it, the best advice I can offer is to just learn the material. I read the AIO cover to cover, then read the 11th hour study guide which helped to focus everything I learned in to nice useful information. The only practice questions I ended up using were the ones on the CD in the back of the AIO book. I didn't find them to be all that useful. If it comes down to it, spend time reading, not practicing.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! What's next?

Still working on it myself.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    For anyone else taking it, the best advice I can offer is to just learn the material. I read the AIO cover to cover, then read the 11th hour study guide which helped to focus everything I learned in to nice useful information. The only practice questions I ended up using were the ones on the CD in the back of the AIO book. I didn't find them to be all that useful. If it comes down to it, spend time reading, not practicing.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

A fair number of folks on this forum can't stomach the AIO. I agree it's verbose, but overall it's benefits far outweighed it's drawbacks. If I understood a topic I just skipped to the next topic. Where it really helped was topics I wasn't so familiar with. That's where I learned to appreciate this book.
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Outstanding job BlackBeret! How did you feel when you hit that submit button?
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT