Failed the Network + today

SpeedCostsMoneySpeedCostsMoney Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I studied for 4 weeks solid and failed the Network+ exam horribly today. I am not sure what I did wrong studying. All I know is I was not prepared for the simulations at all. My study materials were Actual tests and Dr. Messer. I am at loss for what to use. Any deals on vouchers for a retake later. $270 is too much!

Comments

• BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Actual tests as in ****? if so I don't feel sorry for you. Dr Messer is good as an additional resource. Did you read any of the authorized books? Your best bet is too read the book then watch videos to reinforce subjects in the book.

I would recommend this since you failed so bad the first time, for about 80 bucks more, you get voucher, plus free retake plus additional study material.

Save 49% on the CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Bundle
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • SpeedCostsMoneySpeedCostsMoney Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I read the Myers Network + book.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Discounted VUE Network+ Exam Voucher! Expires: 3/24/2015

here is a voucher for network+ that expires on the 24th for $220.

As BerkshireHerd said, if you were using ****, I don't think you'll get much sympathy here. Buy an authorized book, and read it cover to cover, completing the end of chapter quizes and using any testing software included with it afterwards, take written notes if you want to really enforce the learning and then you could convert those notes into flashcards if you still felt you were unprepared.
    Thanks for the hook up. I will go the certmaster route before taking the test again. It is hard to get all these certs in 90 days. A+ is done I just have Network+ and 70.680 to go. I am running out of time.
    Actual tests as in ****? if so I don't feel sorry for you. Dr Messer is good as an additional resource. Did you read any of the authorized books? Your best bet is too read the book then watch videos to reinforce subjects in the book.

I would recommend this since you failed so bad the first time, for about 80 bucks more, you get voucher, plus free retake plus additional study material.

Save 49% on the CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Bundle
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    I just took the N+ test a few days ago and you will be able to do it if you put your heart to it. I noticed that the exam was bit harder than when I was studying for back in 2005 (and never took). I'm not going to lie, a lot of what I learned from Cisco is what allowed me to pass the exam. I just had to study the cable end connections and the wiring setup of the cable. If you want to pass, I would recommend the CBT Nuggets N+ series. From what I saw in that video, it was dead on. You can sign up for a 7 day trial at cbt nuggets, setup the trial via paypal. Right after that, go into your paypal and cancel the subscription so you don't forget (or see you can see $1000 just disappear). Just read up on what people say about the labs because those can break you even if your well experienced. Best of luck and I know you got this!

PS, never pay full price for an exam. At least type Comptia promo code and they pop up all over the net. Mine was $249... but your buddy above even found a sweeter deal!
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
    Anymore good resources on the simulations? The certmaster is good but I got my butt handed to me on the simulations questions. I am just not good with them or tests for that matter.
  • tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    You could look into measureup for practice exams. I found measureup more difficult than the actual exam so it's fantastic preparation
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It was $139 when I took it a couple weeks ago. Try to wait for the end of the month to get the best deals. Good luck next time!

I'm studying for CCNA and that's all I needed to pass Network+. To save yourself time, write a subnet table right away.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown