Passed SY0-401

SmiliesSmilies Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
Studied those 40 odd hours thanks to some study tips on the forum, that book "Get Certified Get Ahead" by Darril Gibson and some Professor Messer refresh videos helped a bunch. Now, onto another cert I go! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• keybladerkeyblader Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...and way to go!
  • SmiliesSmilies Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Congrats! Go Cloud+. It's a good mix of A+, N+, some SEC+... along with abit of server+ (tiny bit). If you understand VM's a bit, it won't be a challenge for you.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Any tips for this exam of course without disclosing NDA's? My exam is on Apr 2.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Security+ certification.icon_thumright.gif

If you can study quickly and be ready by the end of the month you can take Cloud+ or Server+ online for $50.00.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your Security+, and as others have stated the ProctorU Server+ and Cloud+ may be a next great target to work towards.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Sec+ is a really great cert to have! The market value has grown 40% in the last year and looks to be holding steady.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    GForce75 wrote: »
    Congrats! Go Cloud+. It's a good mix of A+, N+, some SEC+... along with abit of server+ (tiny bit). If you understand VM's a bit, it won't be a challenge for you.

I will definitively try that exam out, was thinking about the project+ or linux+ but cloud+ will help with the security field.
    Justin- wrote: »
    Any tips for this exam of course without disclosing NDA's? My exam is on Apr 2.

There will be labs. Good Luck!
    And, thanks everyone! Will take the advance on the next cert exams, and will keep striving for bigger and better things.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Smilies wrote: »
    And, thanks everyone! Will take the advance on the next cert exams, and will keep striving for bigger and better things.

I like that attitude and spirit; continued success to you! Cloud+/Server+ are great if you can get on those deals. It's a natural foundational step before moving to vendor virtualization.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Heck ya, staying motivated there! For $50, it's always worth a shot. If all doesn't work out, you'll know exactly how to focus... but I believe you got this. I haven't taken Server+, so maybe I should drink my own medicine and give it a shot. Best of luck!
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
    thanks everyone! I'm going to set my time aside and take the Server+ and if that goes well, and I'm sure with the time I plan to put into it I will; I'm going to take the project+ and linux+ exams to set my sights on the B.S. at WGU.