Juniper Learning Bytes - Free quick training

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
I'm not sure if people are aware of this yet, but I thought I'd post something here just in case.

Juniper has just begun developing Learning Bytes, which are quick CBT videos which cover various topics. Use the following link to reach the Learning Bytes.

Juniper LB site.

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=5853

Youtube LB playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGvolzhkU_gTBYNZZ10mozRPrIaBN8zBs

Note that the new LBs tend to show up about a week earlier on the Juniper LB site than in the Youtube playlist.
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Aldur.

it is really nice initiative by Juniper icon_smile.gif

regards,
    hasan
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am having some kinda issues with ex4200 mvrp. Somehow my vlans are not replicating on my access switches.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    As someone who just got tossed into a Juniper environment, i can appreciate this :)
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing. I'm on a Cisco kick at the moment but want to eventually get a Juniper cert.
    Thanks for sharing. I'm on a Cisco kick at the moment but want to eventually get a Juniper cert.

i think it's good to be multi vendor though
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    So, resurrecting this old thread. Wow, can't believe that this was three years ago.

The Learning Byte program has continued on and I wanted to find out what everybody thought about it. I've done quite a few LBs in that time, I think I have 20 or so.

So, what do you guys think of it and do you have any suggestions for new LBs? I'm currently working three LBs at the moment; Implementing BGP over IPsec, Implementing OSPF over IPsec, and one about using Junos Space to upgrade multiple devices (haven't settled on a title for the last one yet).

-Bender
    Aldur wrote: »
    So, resurrecting this old thread. Wow, can't believe that this was three years ago.

The Learning Byte program has continued on and I wanted to find out what everybody thought about it. I've done quite a few LBs in that time, I think I have 20 or so.

So, what do you guys think of it and do you have any suggestions for new LBs? I'm currently working three LBs at the moment; Implementing BGP over IPsec, Implementing OSPF over IPsec, and one about using Junos Space to upgrade multiple devices (haven't settled on a title for the last one yet).

Aldur, those are really perfect LB. JS space will be ok too. I'm putting together some documentation currently as I'm working on JS SD/ND. BGP and OSPF over IPSec VPN will be very useful IMO
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
    Cool, thanks for the feedback nethacker. And let me know if you have questions about JS SD/ND. I wrote the Junos Space - Security Director and Junos Space - Network Director courses so I've been somewhat involved in it lately.

-Bender
    Cool, thanks for the feedback nethacker. And let me know if you have questions about JS SD/ND. I wrote the Junos Space - Security Director and Junos Space - Network Director courses so I've been somewhat involved in it lately.

Now that is what i'm talking about. My SD wants to delete some configuration - zone-based addressbooks. I am still trying to dig more to find out why though.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for resurrecting this thread! Time to start watching... bowing.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Thanks for sharing bro, I'm a Cisco man but will be cool to pick up a Juniper cert or two. Sure this will help. Cheers :)
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
    nethacker wrote: »
    Now that is what i'm talking about. My SD wants to delete some configuration - zone-based addressbooks. I am still trying to dig more to find out why though.

Hmm, that is odd. That only thing that comes to mind is that it might be a difference between SOR and NSOR. Check out the following doc and see what you think.
    Systems of Record in Junos Space Overview - Technical Documentation - Support - Juniper Networks

-Bender
    Now that's what I like to see, it gives me warm and fuzzies to see some quick interest in this thread. I'll keep everybody posted when new LBs come out. But definitely feel free to throw over any suggestions for LBs that you would like to see.

-Bender
    Now that's what I like to see, it gives me warm and fuzzies to see some quick interest in this thread. I'll keep everybody posted when new LBs come out. But definitely feel free to throw over any suggestions for LBs that you would like to see.

Aldur did you get my message?
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
    Hey Nethacker, Just responded to your PM.

-Bender
    We have a few new LBs up. I'm especially interested in what you guys think about the Asymmetric Traffic with a Flow Based Device and the AppQoS LBs, those are my recent LBs.

Asymmetric Traffic with a Flow Based Device Learning Byte
    Advanced AppQoS Learning Byte
    Basic AppQoS Learning Byte
    IS IS Configuration Learning Byte
    SSM Features Learning Byte
    Configuring Transparent Mode on an SRX Series Learning Byte

-Bender
    We have a few new LBs up. I'm especially interested in what you guys think about the Asymmetric Traffic with a Flow Based Device and the AppQoS LBs, those are my recent LBs.

Asymmetric Traffic with a Flow Based Device Learning Byte
    Advanced AppQoS Learning Byte
    Basic AppQoS Learning Byte
    IS IS Configuration Learning Byte
    SSM Features Learning Byte
    Configuring Transparent Mode on an SRX Series Learning Byte

You have given me what to play with today
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
    Man, I feel bad for not keeping up on this thread. I've just been so busy lately with work with helping develop the new design courseware. Design is seriously a whole other ball of wax to say the least.

But, there have been quiet a few more LBs posted up lately, a few of mine as well. But check them out. And if you have time give my two newest ones click, Implementing OSPF over IPsec and Implementing BGP over IPsec.

Also, I'm working on a new Learning Byte right now, Implementing OSPF over GRE over IPsec. So watch for that one.

-Bender
  • greeneongreeneon Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□