Take the Server+ exam online for $50.00

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
Test at home for only $50.00! This special offer is only available for the following exams:

CompTIA Cloud+
CompTIA Project+
CompTIA Server+
Hurry! Offer expires 3/31/2015!
This offer is valid in the United States and Canada only.

ProctorU: https://proctoru.com/portal/comptia
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah, I just did the Cloud+ using this deal, and did the server+ when it was $100, and it's a great experience, and cost effective way to cert up :D
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    i'm confused. where do you purchase this at. I created an account, logged in and really don't see much from there. Is that you have be in a certain college on the list of instituions?
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have an account created, click on the link above and log in. Once logged in it will take you to screen for my exams. Click the blue button "schedule new exam". That will let you select your date and time and then pay for it. After creating your proctoru account, you should get an email on registering the exam with PearsonVUE.
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    Man, i wish I had known this. Paid and passed cloud+ at a 250 cost. I'll check into the server plus! Thanks!

Update: It won't let me go forward. It's asking to pick an institution and since nothing is listed... I cannot go forward. My college does not show up as an institution.
    GForce75 wrote: »
    Man, i wish I had known this. Paid and passed cloud+ at a 250 cost. I'll check into the server plus! Thanks!

Update: It won't let me go forward. It's asking to pick an institution and since nothing is listed... I cannot go forward. My college does not show up as an institution.

The institution is CompTIA.
    haha, thanks... now that makes perfect so sense. I'm so wrapped up on the word institution being a college.
    Last month it was $99.00 each for those 3 certs, this month $50.00. I wonder if they will do another special next month? I think its worth looking at their site at the beginning of the month to see if they are running a special.
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can I buy vouchers now for the cheap price and use them later on past the March 31st deadline? If not I guess it is time to cram, just seen this post now!
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
    Can I buy vouchers now for the cheap price and use them later on past the March 31st deadline?

Unfortunately you cant. I tried, it did not work. icon_sad.gif
  • SmiliesSmilies Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Will a vpn work to access said exam? XD I need to make a quick trip for this exam.
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well my challenge is to now study for and take the Cloud+ in 8 days..unless you think Server+ would be easier.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
    Well my challenge is to now study for and take the Cloud+ in 8 days..unless you think Server+ would be easier.

I have not yet taken either of the exams, but i would think that Server+ would be easier.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I took advantage of this the other day. I studied over the weekend and passed Server+. It's was definitely a good experience, but the process was a little bit tricky. Make sure you follow the instructions in the email you get from ProctorU. I didn't realize I had to register the exam on Pearson's site until an hour before the test.

1) Schedule a test and pay on ProctorU.
    2) Use 2 different codes on Pearson VUE to actually register.
    3) "Meet" your proctor on ProctorU's site at the scheduled time. Pre-test rituals.
    4) The proctor will take you to PearsonVUE to actually take the test via their secure browser.
    5) Finish test and go back to the proctor.
    6) Take a survey.
    7) DONE!

Hope that helps some of you. This $50 deal expires at the end of the month, too. So hurry up!
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I used the LearnKey Server + Study guide, and read that the morning of the test. The test was similar to the A+, Net+, and Sec+ all combined.
    For the Cloud +, I used the McGraw Hill Study practice test and read a little of the Comptia Cloud+ book at Amazon.com
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • dell197dell197 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just bought the voucher for the server + exam I wish I knew about this sooner. hopefully its still available when I take my cloud + cert
    I plan to check the site often, hopefully they will run another special soon.
  • mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    any word on specials for April?
  • daristotledaristotle Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mstd0n wrote: »
    any word on specials for April?
    When I logged into their site today I saw this message:
    CompTIA testing with ProctorU has ended at this time. Please contact CompTIA with any further questions.

​Hopefully they bring the deal back. :\
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hopefully they do. It'd be nice to pick up some quick CompTIA certs that I wouldn't have otherwise spent any money on. I would never spend almost $300 on Server+, but I gladly spent $50 on it.
    I saw that this morning as well. Bummer. I hope they bring it back. $50 - $100 I can do, not the nearly $300 as PJ_Sneakers mentioned.
    Keep in mind that the Server+ Beta exam at any pearson testing center is still only $50
  • sz1981sz1981 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is it possible to use ProctorU anymore? I don't see CompTIA listed as an institution.
    no, they're done testing for now, although it may be possible again in the future. the Comptia Server+ Beta exam is $50 at any pearsonvue testing center though if that was the certification you were after...
    I wanted to take this as well as the the Project+ and Cloud+. At $50 or $100 its a good deal, not at $277.
  • superstarmdsuperstarmd Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    no, they're done testing for now, although it may be possible again in the future. the Comptia Server+ Beta exam is $50 at any pearsonvue testing center though if that was the certification you were after...

Thanks for the info. But before doing that cert, I have to get the Sec+.

BTW, I noticed that you're in Ontario. Do you happen to be anywhere near downtown Toronto and still have the Sec+ book? If so, please let me know, thanks!