cissp advise

anjan42anjan42 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am willing to appear for CISSP exam . I am a CCIE Security, OSCP ( have other blah blah stuff too) and have 7 years working experience for system integrators, now that the slybuss has changed I want to know if the old books are still valid. I have Eric Cornard 2nd Edition ( 2012 release) and was wondering if its ok to start with that. One of my friend recommended this book over others and my plan is to read this properly and then start with the practise questions. He told me that I should buy the transcenders as they are much better than others. He told me that they cost around 100 USD , apart from that I have access to practise questions from some **** site. I know they arent going to work but I was thinking if the practise questions there are going to be same as transcenders then why put money in buying them. Lets just use the questions avaliable through ****. After reviwing the questions my plan is to go through the 11th hour study guide and sit for exam.

Do you guys think it will be a good strategy ? I dont like viewing videos btw , I prefer books . Should I wait for the newer edition of books ? They will come out in August 2015 ( Eric Cornard 3rd Edition ).

Comments

• LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    This site don't recommend ****. I prefer reading books and the only book I used is the Eric Conrad 2nd Edition and past it about 1 and a 1/2 years back. CISSP material is always the same and doesn't change much.

Given your experience, Eric Conrad book should be sufficient for passing the exam. People who are less familiar with IT S should choose a more verbose book like Shon Harris.
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're a CCIE Security already, the CISSP should be a 'breeze' for you. I say just go with the tried and true in your case. Conrad, Harris, Tipton, CCCure.org, and maybe the 11th hour. Not much is really going to change, methinks with this upcoming 15 April re-vamp of CISSP exam. ISC2 shares what they changes will be, what they look like, etc.
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Did you use brain **** for your CCIE security and OSCP too?

If not, the test should be a refresher for you.
    Review the passed threads and your in like flint.
  • anjan42anjan42 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not saying I will be using **** but I asked if those **** questions are simillar to transender so I dont need to buy transender and use those **** as practise question. Everyone knows **** dont work for CISSP exam but if they are kind of same sort then I would skip the purchase of transender and practise some questions from there only.

advise please
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    "i'm not saying that I will use ****, but I just may". That's how I read it. Forget about the damn ****. If you really study an absorb the material you won't even have to pay for questions as there are a ton of legit free ones out there.

Also, knowing ISC2, the changes won't be day and night. You'll be fine using whichever resource you have and then keeping eyes open for reports of people who have taken the new test.
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    anjan42 wrote: »
    I am not saying I will be using **** but I asked if those **** questions are simillar to transender so I dont need to buy transender and use those **** as practise question. Everyone knows **** dont work for CISSP exam but if they are kind of same sort then I would skip the purchase of transender and practise some questions from there only.

advise please

Can't answer that question because I haven't seen any ****.
    You will find that "****" is a four letter word on this board. That is primarily because people come here looking for brain **** and ways to **** on the exam.
    Brain **** devalue the certifications to the point where they have no validity.
    Any moron can memorize questions and answers and pass a test.

I've heard the transcenders are pretty good though. ;)
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Forget about the damn ****. If you really study an absorb the material you won't even have to pay for questions ...

Yup, completely agree. And I would think this would be more than obvious to someone who's a CCIE Security. How is it the OP passed the CCIE written exam and passed a hands-on, timed lab exam but can't seem to understand that **** are useless and success comes only through understanding and mastery of the subject matter?

Something don't smell right.