They don't tell you your score - but what do YOU think you made?

BGavnGBGavnG Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Always found this interesting. As we most know, if you do not pass the exam they provide you with your score and a ranking of domains in regards to how well you scored (1-10)

I've always thought they should at least, if you pass, provide the domain ranking so you can see what your weaker areas were.

So the question is - how well do you think you did?

Comments

• philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    95%+ There were very few questions that I couldn't answer within 30 seconds of reading the question.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Easy: I have no idea. It was like running in a dark maze loosing all sense of direction. An hour seemed like 6 weeks.
  • astudentastudent Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DavidEthingtonDavidEthington Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    700-705 icon_cheers.gif

LOL a pass is a pass
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Easy: I have no idea. It was like running in a dark maze loosing all sense of direction. An hour seemed like 6 weeks.

#TRUTH.

I honestly think the paper-based exam would be harder. I know when I took it, it messed with my mind when I was done and I was exhausted. I felt like I scored a 40. Not because I didn't have an idea as to the right answer, but the mental aspect of second-guessing.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    colemic wrote: »
    #TRUTH.

I honestly think the paper-based exam would be harder. I know when I took it, it messed with my mind when I was done and I was exhausted. I felt like I scored a 40. Not because I didn't have an idea as to the right answer, but the mental aspect of second-guessing.

I did my CISSP on paper and ISSEP on the computer and felt the computer was far easier to use. On paper I think I used 30-45 minutes just transferring my answers and then double checking that, which tempted me to second guess. I actually did find one I answered incorrectly by going too fast. I was 95% sure I passed with at least over 90% score, and didn't stress during the 6 weeks I waited for my results. But I do remember constantly going over the questions I didn't know the answer to and immediately searching for them on my phone after the test. lol! While waiting for my results my coworkers kept asking if I passed or not, and I'd tell them I'm sure I did and if I didn't I'd have no idea why.
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Given prior exams that do give scores and the number of questions I looked up because I knew were answered incorrectly: 93-97%, consistently.

Any multiple choice exams pretty much rely on the same questioning techniques designed to either make you think, guess or deduce the correct response. It's not rocket science and any rocket scientists will tell you that rocket science isn't all that hard once you begin to understand the concepts. Likewise rocket science, really hasn't changed much since Apollo days.

- b/eads
  • DavidEthingtonDavidEthington Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do know the first set of questions made me very, VERY uncomfortable. Then I just hit this streak of easier ones that lasted through most of the exam.
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    699.5 rounded up to 700 lol
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    700! I never feel confident, I didn't feel confident on Sec + and got an 880 something. So who knows. Just passing the exam is an accomplishment, I think that's the point, (ISC)2 doesn't want any CISSP to feel like they are more of a CISSP because of a higher score I believe.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just one point to pass, LOL. I was expecting NOTHING, when I finish , by the way the I run out of time reviewing.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• ITSECGUY69ITSECGUY69 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    720 - 770 Felt confident towards the end of the test and the review period
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    90% i would say.. The test was bit challenging for me as mentioned in my "passed" thread but i knew i passed it when i did my second round of about 35 questions i had marked for review which i ended up changing about 15 of them after realizing i didn't read the question carefully the first time.