Options

Stanly Mar-May

Comments

• Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If anyone is interested in the class books, I just finished the course.... PM me
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I paid yesterday also and I'm super excited too! Wassup classmates?! icon_study.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    bym007 wrote: »
    I cant wait for the class. I think I read somewhere it starts on 24/March. Is that correct ?

Any idea,

a. how often we have the lessons in a week?
    b. how long is a session ?
    c. what happens if I miss a lesson or two ? Are the missed lessons available online ?

Thanks.

Course work is unlocked two chapters at a time to space it out over 8 weeks. However normally by week 6 all is unlocked.

Once you're finished with the work, you need to login weekly leading up to the last week.

you don't miss a class you literally have 8 weeks to finish work that takes 2 days to complete. Plenty of time... if you can't complete in 8 weeks, poor time management and you honestly should fail!!
  • Options
    bym007bym007 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.
    CCNA R/S [ ], CCDA [ ], VCP6 [ ]
    BS Computers [✔], MSc Computer Networks [✔], MBA [✔]
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you been able to get in & pay since you posted this? Please let us know.

Alceo wrote: »
    Received email with payment request but i cannot login:

"Error

The error below has occurred with the system. Consult the site administrator for further assistance.

Error (SSH706-2015.02.25-03.17.06.AM): null"

Are you having the same problem?
  • Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I' ve been able to get in and pay, now it shows this message:
    "You do not have any financial activity to display."
  • Options
    I'm all paid up now myself. :)
  • Options
    zorlac.mcnulty@gmail.comzorlac.mcnulty@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got confirmation for March 24 as well.

Regarding the course material:[h=3]VMWARE IT ACADEMY VSPHERE: INSTALL, CONFIGURE, MANAGE (V5.5) VAP-EN-VSICM55-KIT Edition: N/A[/h]
    Is this required for the course or optional? Does the course follow this book?

I've read some comments that its not so good and full of typos.
  • Options
    Got confirmation for March 24 as well.

Regarding the course material:[h=3]VMWARE IT ACADEMY VSPHERE: INSTALL, CONFIGURE, MANAGE (V5.5) VAP-EN-VSICM55-KIT Edition: N/A[/h]
    Is this required for the course or optional? Does the course follow this book?

I've read some comments that its not so good and full of typos.

If you know VMware it's not needed, the class has PDF's with each lab. If you're new to VMware then yes by all means get it.

The VMware Press 5.5 book and Scott Lowe's book should be your main read.
  • Options
    zorlac.mcnulty@gmail.comzorlac.mcnulty@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cheers, I'll check out those books. My main focus is to fill a few gaps in my knowledge and qualify to sit for the VCP5.

I did attempt the VCP4 some years back and failed dismally, which from what I've read isn't uncommon.
  • Options
    arbitrarylabarbitrarylab Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the books today - ready for class! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Class starts March 24. You will receive additioanl emails before then, but be patient with us.[FONT=&quot] The course is conducted entirely online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. [/FONT]
    I cant wait for the class. I think I read somewhere it starts on 24/March. Is that correct ?

Any idea,

a. how often we have the lessons in a week?
    b. how long is a session ?
    c. what happens if I miss a lesson or two ? Are the missed lessons available online ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, have you received any further info?
    I' m getting a bit impatient icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Orientation emails will be going out Friday & Monday. Hold tight--More info is coming.
    Alceo wrote: »
    Hi guys, have you received any further info?
    I' m getting a bit impatient icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Orientation emails will be going out Friday & Monday. Hold tight--More info is coming.

Got my orientation email yesterday! Looking forward to starting the class (114) on Tuesday with everyone!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    w00t w00t, I'm in the 119 class with my former instructor from October. :) - Classes start Tuesday!
  • Options
    I got my email on 20th, and I am in 118 with Jonathan Davis. Cant wait to get started!
  • Options
    Class 117 here - excited to get started :D
  • Options
    DeekyDeeky Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow the labs are painfully slow... guess I cant complain since its saving me heaps.
  • Options
    You attempted your lab #1 already ?
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    Confirmed that its working for me too. I also paid my $185, and now I can see an option for purchasing the book.

How recommended is this book ? Is it necessary to pass the VCP, or I could use one of many books available in the market ?

There should be a pdf version of Scott Lowe's book on the Internet. Just Google it.
  • Options
    DeekyDeeky Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, not much on my plate at the moment so getting right into it... still awaiting for my book to arrive though.
  • Options
    Completed all my labs last night, waiting for next week's release. I'm a tad nuts, but I did a lab then read a reviewed chapter in Odom's book then took another lab. two different thought processes but helped me reset. :)
  • Options
    I completed Module 2 in an evening. So far so good, the labs are a little clunky sometimes but still enjoyable :)
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    I'll have to start scheduling longer chunks for labs. I find myself waiting for wizards to complete more than anything. Not used to that
  • Options
    Mutata wrote: »
    I'll have to start scheduling longer chunks for labs. I find myself waiting for wizards to complete more than anything. Not used to that

I read someone recommend somewhere to book chunks of 4 hours. How long are you trying to reserve ?
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll assume they haven't changed since the Jan-Mar class. What I did was schedule a full 4-hour one, and when you complete it frees up any remaining time. I would then schedule the next lab from "now" until either +4 hours, or whatever was left of my window (if someone had booked after me). Some of the labs are only 20 minutes long so you can end up fitting several in at a time.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    anyone else having problems logging into Moodle? I have one lab and a quiz to complete before midnight and it looks to be down at the moment. Do you think there will be an extension for this as that part of the site is down currently?
  • Options
    Yes it has been down for a while.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

so I've had the problem for a while, but the work-around (confirmed with my professor Brandon Crump) is the NETLABS back-door portal. I only know this since I took this class in October and this happened before...

This will allow you to use the NETLAB's at-least.

Click here: clicky

Hope this helps!