CIPT2 (3/5) soon ..

negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Been digging away at this and am just wrapping up the SAF/CCD part of things; Labed it up a bit yesterday and got it working in between 2 x VMware CUCM 8.6 clusters with 2 x GNS3 7200 routers (IOS 15). Fair enough feature but alas am not going to sit on it too much so ... am going to look at scheduling the exam sometime this week or next one.

Materials used:

- As always, the Cisco Press CIPT2 books for 8.0 (pretty decent on most of the stuff BUT lacking big time on Globalization)
- The FLG but only for my recap and brief notes & stuff (very handy and compact; the Cisco Press books are a bit too long)
- THIS for Globalization: Ciscoshizzle: Number plan globalization (based on the Australian Numbering Plan) part I
- THIS for Globalization: Building Global Dial Plans in CUCM7 Part I: Globalization
- CBT Nuggets CIPT2 (although the nuggets didn't seem THAT much useful this time around as opposed to CVOICE and CIPT1)
- The Cisco support forums
- Anything around the web on SAF/CCD, Globalization/Localization, SIP Preconditions

My personal opinion about CIPT2 is that IF you get Globalization/Localization down, the other concepts just kind of snap onto it (ex. TEHO, AAR, even SAF if you advertise ToDID rules properly).

Of course there's some other stuff there to play with like MGCP fallback and SRST but if you've played with those when doing ICOMM, CIPT1 and CVOICE it just adds some more stuff to it and, if anything, helps you understand it a bit better and put the pieces together.

What kinda seemes a bit though to CIPT2 is the RSVP-locations / SIP Preconditions stuff..am going to look into that a bit more in the following days up till the exam; kinda dread what questions Cisco have lined up for this topic icon_neutral.gif

This time around I just used VMware and GNS3 so I was able to have a 2 cluster deployment running on my notebook PC for some learning-on-the-go :)

Good luck to anybody studying their butts off for this track!
2017-2018 goals:
[X] CIPTV2 300-075
[ ] SIP School SSCA
[X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
[ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Work got in the way but have finally managed to get the exam booked for tomorrow :D Actually looking forward to sitting this one; gone over the books/notes several times now & was getting anxious to sit it already :D Will post back once the deed is done.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Good luck mate, you are smashing through these exams!
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Good luck mate, you are smashing through these exams!
    Thanks Alex. I think it goes both ways (they're smashing through me as well) - am pretty much exhausted ..it's been a long 5 months study so far. How's your studying going along?
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    Right so just back in from the center and managed a pass! icon_cheers.gif

Definitely a though exam. Wording was fair this time; difficulty was also fair and based on proper knowledge on all the subjects from CIPT2. When the exam was over I realized that I had scribbled around on all the center's exam room sheets (am used to taking written notes even when dealing with stuff at work :)) but if it helps me focus then what the hell..

Gonna take 1 or 2 days off and then crack open the CAPPS book. Not sure how i'll tackle CUE (only thing I'm missing for CAPPS) but I'll figure something out.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats you are flying through it!
    Thanks. This one was a very tough one for me for some reason..was very nervous during the exam unlike the others I took so far.

Hope CAPPS is a bit more lightweight so that I manage to be a tad more recharged when TVOICE comes knocking.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    I read that CAPPS is very light weight like some were able to be done with it in a matter 2 weeks or so depending level of experience of course. I understand that the most difficult one is CIPT2 and you slayed that beast so you are just at the finish line.
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Thanks Alex. I think it goes both ways (they're smashing through me as well) - am pretty much exhausted ..it's been a long 5 months study so far. How's your studying going along?

Thanks mate - you're doing well though, only 2 more to go and apparently CAPPS is the easiest! I've got CCNA Voice next Wednesday, assuming I pass that I will be jumping straight into CIPT1 study. Even if I don't get all 5 exams done by Q4, I hope to only have to do 1 exam or so to get CCNP Collaboration. Do you think I can do something like this, CIPT1, CIPT2, CAPPS, TVOICE, CVOICE? I'm trying to be as efficient as possible so that I will have to do the minimum exams required if I don't get the NP Voice done in time. CIPT1, CAPPS and TVOICE are the only ones which will count towards collaboration.
    For migration purposes your approach will be the best bet since CVOICE doesn't count towards anything when migrating. With that said CVOICE is really the core knowledge of gateways, CUBE, QOS which are all very very important. If you know that aspect then it shouldn't hurt you if you skip it but for example if you are not confident on those topics how can you troubleshoot SIP looking at the debugs when you don't know how the traffic flows?
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    For migration purposes your approach will be the best bet since CVOICE doesn't count towards anything when migrating. With that said CVOICE is really the core knowledge of gateways, CUBE, QOS which are all very very important. If you know that aspect then it shouldn't hurt you if you skip it but for example if you are not confident on those topics how can you troubleshoot SIP looking at the debugs when you don't know how the traffic flows?

I 2nd this but would very much recommend picking up the CVOICE, GW-GK and old QoS books and/or nuggets and go through them after you've the Collaboration cert in the bag. That way you'll be able to tackle gateways, SIP, QoS and gatekeepers with a lot more confidence & really get to understand what makes them tick (especially when it comes to QoS ..trust me, that's a behemoth of a topic but VERY helpful when doing distributed sites).

Best of luck with the CCNA Voice exam! Here's hoping you smoke that one :D
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA