Is Mobility + a good start? Or something else?

jaycrewzjaycrewz Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
So a little while back I started a thread asking where to start if I wanted to go the mobile route: http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/108643-what-certification-path-exist-someone-interested-mobile-technology.html I find myself very interested in mobile technology, and was almost cemented on the plan to start studying for the Mobility +. Is that a good place to start if Im aiming at a career with a mobile tech focus? Im curious to where any other people focused on mobile tech got their cert start.

Comments

• GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    I looked into it and I really don't see a push for it. I see a lot of talk for Cloud+. Not really a lot of material for it either. Just look into if it helps you personally. Never bad to study if it really interest you. They do have the iOS and Android CompTIA ones, but have not seen much for it either. Having N+ and SEC+ will be good before Cloud+, but Cloud+ will help with the VM aspect of things, which I think is important. After Cloud+, check into VCA-DCV which is a $120 exam.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • jaycrewzjaycrewz Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GForce75 wrote: »
    I looked into it and I really don't see a push for it. I see a lot of talk for Cloud+. Not really a lot of material for it either. Just look into if it helps you personally. Never bad to study if it really interest you. They do have the iOS and Android CompTIA ones, but have not seen much for it either. Having N+ and SEC+ will be good before Cloud+, but Cloud+ will help with the VM aspect of things, which I think is important. After Cloud+, check into VCA-DCV which is a $120 exam.
    Dang...thats a shame about the Mobility. And yeah, I have seen Cloud+ more in job searches. I just havent had an interest in Cloud. Maybe I can just do both...Mobility+ because it interests me, and Cloud+ for more open doors with mobile tech perhaps.

Thanks
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Best of luck. I love mobile too... it's just not there yet.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • SolitonSoliton Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My work revolves a bit around the concepts in Mobility+, and I think it does a good job of giving a basic overview of all parts in mobile. The exam and content itself is not perfect, being a relatively new cert. However, if you want a foot in the door and exposure to the basics you should know, it's a good place to start.
    ~ A+ - Passed ~ CCNA - In Progress
    Your Recommended daily dose of security and privacy -> My Blog
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think it's a great idea. A lot of larger enterprises are forming teams specifically to support the mobile / smart devices.

About 3 years ago I was managing a service effort and we actually split our service desk into, regular support and mobile devices, it became that big. The metrics supported the split after 6 months of data collection. I honestly think if you are new to IT, it's a great way to seperate yourself from the other regular techs. I know another company who actually formed a mobility team, for support and provisioning. This is another fortune 500 company, I believe the amount of incidents and support request are forcing these larger enterprises to reorg to support this technology.

Note. Not sure you need the certification, but the knowledge would be great.