Anyone on the OSCP journey soon?

Hi all,

Is there anyone else which enrolled the PWK/OSCP journey ?
I'm looking at making contacts in order to potentially exchange infos and advance together..

Thanks in advance,
regards,
m.

Comments

• LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hopefully everything is scheduled and I will get on it on Sep, goodluck to you!
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I started on the 21st but I haven't had as much free time as I would have liked so far. I have been reading the PDF in little free time I have had thus far. I hope to actually begin the modules and labs this week.
  • mabraFoomabraFoo Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes sir. I tested the VPN and paid yesterday. I start to try harder on April 18th.
    MabraFoo (twitter)
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    da_vato wrote: »
    I started on the 21st but I haven't had as much free time as I would have liked so far. I have been reading the PDF in little free time I have had thus far. I hope to actually begin the modules and labs this week.

That seems to be how every OSCP thread here has ended up at one point or another. I've been wanting to do it too but have had to put it off until end of year.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    From what I have read, I estimate that I will have to spend 500+ focused hours to pass the OSCP. Might be able to do it in 250, but am planning on 500. I am going to miss my wife and family but have learned how to balance work, sleep, and family time.

For the last five years I have been racing road bikes. It takes a lot of hours and work to be fast enough to win races. Since I quit cycling, I am just transferring that training time to OSCP time. Having 3 kids and a stay at home wife is all the motivation needed for me to not waste any time. If I were younger and single I might not be as motivated to get it done.
  • mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    mabraFoo wrote: »
    From what I have read, I estimate that I will have to spend 500+ focused hours to pass the OSCP. Might be able to do it in 250, but am planning on 500. I am going to miss my wife and family but have learned how to balance work, sleep, and family time.

For the last five years I have been racing road bikes. It takes a lot of hours and work to be fast enough to win races. Since I quit cycling, I am just transferring that training time to OSCP time. Having 3 kids and a stay at home wife is all the motivation needed for me to not waste any time. If I were younger and single I might not be as motivated to get it done.

I've tabled on that as well, roughly 500 hours -- let's see how this goes but it's clear that nothing worth having comes easy.

--> mabraFoo; i'm starting on the 12th of April and i wanna be your buddy in this ! let's get in touch??
    --> probably the best advice I've gathered while reading about PWK/OSCP for me was that one; "do this with a friend"

See ya fellas,
    m.
    Makaz, Sounds good! Are you on twitter? I am mabraFoo on twitter.
  • chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    I start the PWK/OSCP journey April 11th.
  • lostabstractionlostabstraction Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just started my lab time. Working my way through the videos and pdf now.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I finished the videos again, I left it one year ago, tomorrow I will purchase my lab again and begin the race.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    I'm in the same boat as impelse, started awhile ago, got overwhelmed, and now ready to get back at it after a break. It seems like there's a good group going through and I'm going to renew the labs next week.
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't forget about the IRC channel setup if you want to talk. irc.osswg.com #oscp
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Don't forget about the IRC channel setup if you want to talk. irc.osswg.com #oscp

Yes this is the idea, lets get in touch over MrAgent IRC !! Thanks MrAgent !!
    Ok guys, I purchased again, I am on the battle again, this time I am planning to finish it

Good luck guys! Wish I could join in on the fun.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Finishing eJPT tonight hopefully, GPEN on the 20th, then another 60 days of OSCP. Find the IRC room and join in the shared pain.
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I start the beginning of May. Purchased 90 days.
    Next up: OSCP
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Good luck guys! Wish I could join in on the fun.

Why can't you?
    Next up: OSCP
    flatworld wrote: »
    Why can't you?

Going to SANS next week for SEC401 so I'm going to do the GSEC in the next couple of months and I'm committed to doing the CISM in September. It's looking like this time next year for the OSCP.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Going to SANS next week for SEC401 so I'm going to do the GSEC in the next couple of months and I'm committed to doing the CISM in September. It's looking like this time next year for the OSCP.

Reading the CISM Review Manual 2015 made me sign up for PWK/OSCP =)
  • rudegeekrudegeek Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I began my journey yesterday, also just got confirmation of my acceptance into SANS work study for the SEC 505 course. Really, excited about this year of 2015!

Lets keep in touch, and try harder!
    Good, so far I am in the lab, already hacked 3 machines

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    impelse wrote: »
    Good, so far I am in the lab, already hacked 3 machines

How difficult was it?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Those three easy the other three are making me crazy, in two I am able to get some asp shell but not getting any ware , so I will keep moving forward to the easiest and comeback after more experience to those machines

So far I have read through the pdf and watched all the videos. I am making another pass and actually documenting the exercises to ensure I get credit for the course. I think I will start cracking boxes this week. Time has not been on my side since I started this course...
    Try to begin asap and review later, you will keep reviewing several times when something doesn't work

To clarify, you get credit for documenting the exercises that come along with the pdf? I thought the extra credit was for hacking into the lab hosts. Anybody?
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So when I took my exam I did not include the lab/exercises.
    I just submitted a report with the exam machines only.
    I didn't document everything fully when I was in the labs, else I probably would have submitted lab docs too.

The lab/exercise documentation comes into play if you are borderline passing the exam. If you are close enough in points, they may give you extra points for including the extra documentation.

I chose not to do it because I had plenty of points on my exam, and didn't need the extra points.
    impelse wrote: »
    Try to begin asap and review later, you will keep reviewing several times when something doesn't work

Excellent advice, I made a lot of progress last night doing this. The odd thing is, this how I usually operate in an academic setting... begin executing and review as I go through.
    Ah, I see! Cool beans. I think I'll go ahead and document the Labs and not the exercises. Hopefully, it doesn't boil down to that.