Options

Create a network in CISCO packet tracer, need advice!!!

dependedepende Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys, I've to set up a small network with network ID: 191.25.35.96/27. In this network, there are three routers, two servers, one acting as DHCP Server and another as Mail/DNS Server. PC1-PC5 will get IP address from DHCP Server, these address must be starting from 191.25.35.113 subnets/IP address must be configured in ascending order as follows: a. Lowest subnet to DHCP Server b. Next subnet to DNS/MAIL Server c. Next subnet to connect Server Router and Melbourne Router d. Next subnet to xx Router and x Router My solution: a. Network ID is 191.25.35.xxx/27 b. Network ID is 191.25.35.xxx/27 c. Network ID is 191.25.35.xxx/27 d. Network ID is 191.25.35.xxx/27 Network ID between xy Router, Switch and PC1 to PC5 is 191.25.35.xxx/27 Any feedback? Thanks in advanced!!!

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure if you have any questions or if your just looking for confirmation. At first glance it looks ok to me.
    I'm assuming when you say lowest subnet you are considering the .96 as taken by the host PC already since you defined their address starting point.
  • Options
    dependedepende Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure if you have any questions or if your just looking for confirmation. At first glance it looks ok to me.
    I'm assuming when you say lowest subnet you are considering the .96 as taken by the host PC already since you defined their address starting point.

Thank you for your confirmation. I've created that network in CISCO packet tracer and it works perfectly!
    I was also confused by the requirements but they mentioned the other subnets must be configured in ascending order so I decided to start after the .127 as the next IP address of the .96 subnet.