Delay in application approval

myla02141982myla02141982 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Team,

Not sure if this has happened to you or your friends before, but its making me worried. I submitted my application for PMP and its now more than 6 business days/working days, I am still see my status as "Application is currently in processing".

I am going to call to PMI to find out exactly whats delaying this. One fact I know is if they are doing employment verification, then definitely it will delay, since the company i used to work for and listed in application, their TAT is more than 10 days for responding to employment verification. But again, many blogs i checked online, and states that PMI usually dont have time to call or check employment history.

Please do provide your input or suggestion on this, its making me bit nervous, since I had planned complete start to end date and based on that took 5 weeks break just to prepare and clear this exam.

Comments

• Mdluffy317Mdluffy317 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Employment verification would occur if your application is audited. In any case you would be notified of such an audit and given the option to cooperate with the audit or withdraw your application. In addition at the time of application, you have not paid any fees so I imagine PMI may not devote as many resources as one would hope.
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do not think at this stage they actually verify the experience. It is application correctness check and usually take exactly 6 business days in most cases.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I actually just got my application approved after an audit. I submitted my audit materials via FedEx Friday. Today I got an email that they received them and I am approved and passed the audit and can schedule my exam.
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zxbane wrote: »
    I actually just got my application approved after an audit. I submitted my audit materials via FedEx Friday. Today I got an email that they received them and I am approved and passed the audit and can schedule my exam.

Did you schedule for the exam? I am also preparing for PMP exam. Got application approved and now in stage to schedule for the exam.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't scheduled mine yet, I have been self studying but I go to a bootcamp May 11-15, I was planning to try and schedule my exam the following Monday on May 18th while all of the information is fresh. When do you plan to test? What was your study approach?