Self-Study Resource

BroodmdhBroodmdh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone had experience using the self-study program from TechEd360 (TechEd360 Inc.) It contains study notes, an exam simulator, mp3's, the Sybex study guide, the official CBK, and 100 retired exam questions. It sounds decent enough, but I don't know anyone who has used it. It also comes with an iPad Air, but that really isn't important to me.

I already have the AIO, and I'm wondering if this package is worth the cost ($1945). Is this way too expensive for what they're offering? Is there anything better out there?

Comments

• rawhiderawhide Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think everyone here in this forum will have there own definition of "too expensive", it will vary with experience and current certifications. I am not sure about your experience but considering you have done Sec + you are better placed. I was only having Firewall and other product certification when I started for CISSP.

But here is my guess based on my experience ( this may vary with your experience):

study notes : I think best study notes are self made, also Sunflower PDF has helped as notes outline
    an exam simulator: Used Shon Harris 6th Edition CD Exam
    mp3's, : None user, I used Youtube videos for alot of topics like SSL, IPSEC, kerberoes, PKI,
    the Sybex study guide: Used AIO & Eric Conrad
    the official CBK : Used AIO & Eric Conrad
    100 retired exam questions.: Used 50 $ CCCURE questions

here is link to expeirence with exam : http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/96582-cissp-done-whats-next.html

I hope this helps,
  • jrebchukjrebchuk Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also curious about TechEd360.com, and their content. Mostly I just want to know if anyone has used it, and what their experience was. I was looking into the CISSP Instant Access program.
  • Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    Seems a bit expensive, you can use transcender or CCCure to quiz yourself. Read whichever study guide you feel explains things best (I liked Conrad and Sybex) and flashcard weak concepts. Talking 200 bucks vs. 2000.00 bucks.
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Robertf969 wrote: »
    Seems a bit expensive, you can use transcender or CCCure to quiz yourself. Read whichever study guide you feel explains things best (I liked Conrad and Sybex) and flashcard weak concepts. Talking 200 bucks vs. 2000.00 bucks.

Yeah it's a bit expensive. Are your company sponsoring this? Also try to get hold of CBK 4th Edition book.
  • jrebchukjrebchuk Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    riyan wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit expensive. Are your company sponsoring this? Also try to get hold of CBK 4th Edition book.

Company is paying for me to take CISSP, I'm just trying to find a decent one to take. Dont want to use TechEd360, then find out its some sort of scam or something. Seems legit, I just cant seem to find anything about it online anywhere.

Comes with:
    o TechEd360 CISSP Training
    o Shon Harris Video Review
    o Shon Harris SSCP All-in-One 6th Ed.
    o TechEd360 CISSP Exam Simulator
    o CISSP MP3
    o (ISC)² CISSP CBK 4th Ed.
    o Sybex CISSP Study Guide 6th Ed.
    o 500 Practice Questions
    o Including 100 Retired Exam Questions
    o Surface Pro 3
    o Apple iPod Shuffle