ITIL expert

SolgudinnenSolgudinnen Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I plan to take ITL expert level. Because of full time job, I want to do it by means of e learning. I've read about ITlearningzone and recommendations of them.

Are there other places recommended?

Where can I buy for the best price printed edition of itilbøkene, possibly in Kindle form?

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Moderators - I hope this is ok as useful information, but if it looks like advertising please delete.

Hi Solgudinnen

I work for IT Training Zone so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about us but I will let others share their recommendations as there are many different types of online training. I just thought you might be interested that we launched a new site today (Accredited Online ITIL Training Courses | ITSM Zone) and there is a promo code, launch50, that gives 50% off training including the expert package.

The ITIL books are expensive on most sites and it's hard to find large discounts, but if you are happy with a hard copy then there are often used versions on ebay or amazon so you could try there. Just make sure you get the 2011 edition, not the V3 edition from 2007.

Good luck with your studies,

Claire
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Solgudinnen if you need any help please PM me and I can assist you as well.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • SolgudinnenSolgudinnen Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, both. I will have a look on your new sites, Claire. I have read about your company and find a lot positive:)I'm looking forward to start study, so I have to decide soon.
    Another qustion, are there any recommendations for choosing track. I see there are some overlap on some, but nothing which stops free choice. I see that the I feel that the capabilityy track is the most interessting for me, but I'm also interested in CSI and SS. Should I choose Capability or try to make my own package?
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Another qustion, are there any recommendations for choosing track. I see there are some overlap on some, but nothing which stops free choice. I see that the I feel that the capabilityy track is the most interessting for me, but I'm also interested in CSI and SS. Should I choose Capability or try to make my own package?
    I think, You can either choose CAPABILITY or Service Life Cycle. I am not sure if mix-match is allowed?
    I see a mix is allowed, but I'm not sure IF it recommended.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Solgudinnen please PM me on the site here I can give you some information.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • xpertitilxpertitil Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i cleared foundation , SD, OSA , PPO

need to clear SOA and MALC to become expert ..

SOA seems to be a tough one ...
    Hi Solgudinnen

You can do capability or lifecycle, or take a mix and match approach. All are allowed, but if you're doing a mix and match just take care to make sure you're not getting courses that are too similar (e.g. RCV and ST). These would still count towards ITIL expert, but it won't be a great learning experience for you icon_smile.gif

The capability track is targeted at 'doers' - people who will work with processes operationally on a day to day basis and who need to understand their activities. The lifecycle track is aimed at managers who will be more involved in implementing, measuring and improving processes. The capability track doesn't look at CSI in much depth so if you're interested in CSI then a mix and match approach might be ideal for you.

Kind regards

Claire
    I think it will be easier for be now to do ny choice😀
    nelson8403 wrote: »
    Solgudinnen please PM me on the site here I can give you some information.
    I can't see i have the opportunity tidende private yet. I think I need more posts.
    Hi Solgudinnen

If you want any advice you can always contact us at support@itsm.zone with details of your current role and we could suggest which courses might be most relevant for you. The 50% off code will be running until the end of May on our new site.

Kind regards

Claire