Options

Failed 70-411, twice

Need some encouragement here. I've now failed 70-411 twice, the latest with a 597 score, ugh.

I think I need some more study resources, as I've been disappointed with the difficulty level of Transcender compared to the actual test. I scheduled the exam when I started acing practice exams, but when the real thing came around, night and day difference in degree of difficulty.

I need some motivation as this is the only cert exam I've ever failed twice. I do have second shot, so there's at least some benefit there. I'm not sure what else to study. I can't think of what the next step should be aside from just reading technet over and over.

Maybe more lab time is the answer. Sorry, I think I'm just rambling and venting right now. Going to take the rest of the day off, have a drink, and get back to it.

One positive note, the online proctored exam worked very well. No issues at all and a Saturday test is way more convenient.
More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.

Comments

• Options
    ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    what is your strategy on studying? hours per day/week? do U read and take notes?
  • Options
    Rocket-sGRocket-sG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Before you forget try to write down as much from the questions that you saw that you can remember then use TechNet and google to familiarize yourself as much with those topics as you can.

Having seen the test bank 2 times now you actually have a tremendous advantage over a first timer taking the test so use that advantage to your best benefit.

Also instead of reading the same resources all over again from A to Z just dive in to the areas where you saw questions about them and study those comprehensively.

That being said it looks like 4 hours per day study time for 7 days (28 hours total) should be enough to get you up to speed to pass the exam the 3rd time so keep that chin up!

I failed the 410 exam the first time with a 687 or 683 I think which translates to failing by 1 or 2 wrong answers which was incredibly frustrating but I used the same strategy I recommended to you and passed the second time with 880 or 875 I think. (I studied balls out for 7 days and then sat the test.)

Dont let too much time go by before you retest or else you will start to forget things that you have learned. I certainly would not wait over 14 days before sitting the test again.

I like the William Panek R2 textbook alot and found it the most helpful. And I think Pluralsight and CBT Nuggets are a waste of time personally because the hours upon hours of instruction helped me answer maybe 4 questions correctly on the actual exam so my time was much better spent reading than watching videos.
  • Options
    Rocket-sGRocket-sG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wish me luck buddy, I am taking the 411 tomorrow for the first time.

I am going into the "burning house" and hope to make it out alive!

Have devoted almost 30 full days of study about 4 hours per day.
  • Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rocket-sG wrote: »
    Wish me luck buddy, I am taking the 411 tomorrow for the first time.

I am going into the "burning house" and hope to make it out alive!

Have devoted almost 30 full days of study about 4 hours per day.
    Good luck, I remember some tricky questions in that one.