Options

90 Days to MCSA Challenge

Comments

• Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Rocket-sG wrote: »
    Im also sick of James Conrad and his whiteboards, bad jokes and messy handwriting. Thats why I just want to get it done, and I recommend the same to you guys. Dont "prolong the agony" by studying a little at a time. Just go full force and get it over with.

Amen! He could cut his videos down considerably if he just got straight to the damn point. 42 damn minutes on managing AD accounts makes me lose interest half way through.
  • Options
    WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    I have accomplished the MCSA 90 Day Challenge.
  • Options
    SkellySkelly Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wagnaard wrote: »

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif Congrats!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

How did you accomplish it, i.e. how many hours/day studying, etc... ?
    2014 Goals: SCCM 2012 -Passed! MCSA 2012 -In progress, MCSE 2012 Server, MCSE Private Cloud
  • Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Has anyone done the 411 before the 410?

I'm thinking of doing it that way, as I have more hands-on experience with the topics in the 411 exam
  • Options
    Not sure. I'm at aboot camp now. To be honest I'm not sure I'd have past this quickly if I didn't have the opportunity to block away all other distractions. Just class - hotel room to study and back for a long spell.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure. I'm at aboot camp now. To be honest I'm not sure I'd have past this quickly if I didn't have the opportunity to block away all other distractions. Just class - hotel room to study and back for a long spell.

I wish i had the money for boot camp. All those resources they give you and information you get to keep. I bet the material is much better
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Onto 413 & 414 ?
  • Options
    Yeah. 413 tomorrow. I guess. Not really hopeful.

First bootcamp. Its exhausting but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Interesting thought.. my department just release it's updated certifiction requirements for 2015 and 411 is one of them, but 410 isn't. Trouble is, I'm already 2/3 through my studies for 410, but I did wonder the same
    nster wrote: »
    Has anyone done the 411 before the 410?

I'm thinking of doing it that way, as I have more hands-on experience with the topics in the 411 exam
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    70-411 and 70-462 exams are good for both Server and SQL, so if someone who has an MCSA SQL done with the 70-411 exam, he could have fulfilled your department's cert requirements :) I'm guessing they just put 411 and not 410 because of the title of the exam though
  • Options
    bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    I agree that the 70-411 is a great exam, however without basic understanding of concepts in the 70-410 it gets deep pretty quick. There is a lot of material in the 70-411 exam.

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The objectives of the 411 are a little more in line with our dept's scope.. setup and planning not so much

I'm interested to see how it goes though.. in the 10 year history of our department's certifications, I'm the only one that did anything server related (Server+, 640 & 642) beyond the A+ N+ XP and 685 certs and most of my team proudly used **** to pass those.
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    much appreciated, thank you lmoworld !
    Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
    Learning: Python, C and C++
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    natharasnatharas Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know i've probably missed the boat, but would it at all be possible to get the OneNote file offline?
  • Options
    parryparry Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hy, I'm new here. Plz tell me for MCSA server 2012 which book is better? shall I join some coaching center or self study is better option?
  • Options
    Can anyone email me the offline onenote?

I came here from a google hangout group if anyone is interested, not sure if I'm allowed to advertise it?
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Imoworld

Great find! What book do you recommend to follow along with the OneNote? I'm new to MSCA, is the OneNote a guide tool to follow along with to achieve the 70-410? Thanks for all the great support! +1
  • Options
    AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bumping this. I like the OneNote and think others can benefit from it being on the front page.
  • Options
    AnthonyG wrote: »
    bumping this. I like the OneNote and think others can benefit from it being on the front page.

How did you find the one note schedule, did it work for you? What would you to improve on it?
  • Options
    award126award126 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi OP, for some reason I can not PM you. I am more than interested in taking part in the challenge, can you PM the offline copy please? :)
  • Options
    Out of interest how many people have managed this in 90 days ?

It took me around 4 months to complete the MCSA and around 6 weeks (4-6hrs study 6 days per week) after that to achieve the MCSE.
  • Options
    pjd007 wrote: »
    Out of interest how many people have managed this in 90 days ?

It took me around 4 months to complete the MCSA and around 6 weeks (4-6hrs study 6 days per week) after that to achieve the MCSE.

Curious to know as well, i'm aiming to do the 410 by end of july.
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    I'm starting these courses at WGU right now. I look to finish at around 120-150 days and 6 weeks for each course. At least I hope. I could use some study friends if anyone is interested shoot me a message.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    natharas wrote: »
    How did you find the one note schedule, did it work for you? What would you to improve on it?

I've been using it to get a head start on a boot camp my work is paying for.
  • Options
    Midnite8Midnite8 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just finished up my spring semester and am going to dedicate the summer to studying and hopefully passing the MCSA. Day 1 is today. Wish me luck
  • Options
    Midnite8 wrote: »
    Just finished up my spring semester and am going to dedicate the summer to studying and hopefully passing the MCSA. Day 1 is today. Wish me luck
    Goodluck
  • Options
    dbzrfldbzrfl Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed the 410, yesterday, I plan to get a cert a week.
    I am knocking out Server 12 first, and on to Win 8, I wish 10 was out already.
    My advice, before the test begins check 06 to months on the opening survey, all the way down.
  • Options
    dbzrfl wrote: »
    My advice, before the test begins check 06 to months on the opening survey, all the way down.

Did you rely on the one note information or have books as well?
    Not sure what you mean by "check 06 to months on the opening survey", is it related to W10?
  • Options
    dbzrfl wrote: »
    A cert per week, i wish i could do that !