who actually paid for their vmware course?

slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
who paid for their course or had their company paid for it.

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    can't beat a $200 ICM w/ 70% discount voucher for a $68 dollar exam. :)
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I paid for my first 5 day course when I was unemployed. I think it was $3k when I did it.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    $200 Stanly is what I did.
  • slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    Deathmage wrote: »

what ICM? where can i take that.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Can I do that from the UK?
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    yep Stanley CC $200... really can't beat that.
    interesting but those Stanley CC isn't on VMware website as approved vendor. does it still count.?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yes. Dozens of us have gone through the program. You don't see it because it is part of the VMware IT Academy, not the commercial offering that requires the $3,000+ training form an authorized provider. See all institutions that participate here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At5YcMvz2XzJdHFCSVJWcUEzaGpPZ2pxd0taVXVJcnc#gid=0

Also, the exam that you will be taking is the "PSE" which is exactly the same as the regular one but used only for this and other special programs.
  • FrostbiteFrostbite Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took ICM for both vSphere and Horizon at a local community college. Less than $500 spent on the pair.
  • ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    Did my initial DCV - ICM course through UCSC online out of pocket. After that, got my last employer to send me to about 7 different VMware courses.
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow
    good thing i ask i was contemplating on spending 4k for the course. what does ICM stand for
    if you clicked on the link above you would see icon_wink.gif

...But it stands for Install, Configure, Manage.
    anyone take online course for cccti how is the format? i found reviews for ucsc but cccti
  • volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I paid for the Stanly course myself... then moved into a Cisco-centric job where I no longer touch VMware.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I also paid for the course out-of-pocket. $185, plus the cost of any study materials you want to add to it. Can't really be beat, in my opinion. Now I just need to sit down, put together my lab, and start studying.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    how you get it for so cheap is that your local CC. the cheapest i found is stanly 225 but there is a waiting list. the next cheapest is cccit 1100.
  • burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
    How backed up are the stanly classes? Put my name on the waiting list but I am just curious...

No chance I am going to spend 3k on a VMW course but if the quality of Stanly is good I'd seriously consider it.
    i'm trying to find a local CC in the NYC area i check the google doc they have one school touro but i don't see anything on there website. i called them up waiting for them to get back to me. i tried googling for NYC surprised nothing really came up expect CCCIT and stanly. do they have to be on the list if i call up CC and they have it?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All my VMware courses have been paid for by my company luckily... :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    $1000 AUD for the course at UCSC is what I paid out-of-pocket 2-3 years ago. Stanly didnt offer a course back then (or no one on here knew about it). Well worth it considering the number of doors that opened up after I got the VCP!

Guys, I know $1100 or so maybe a lot of money for lots of folks - but you'll earn it back in no time. Just do it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Paid $1000 for it. Best investment ever.
  • burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
    Can't find any in the MA area... correct me if I am wrong.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here in England we got no choice but to fork out £3120 .. Which according to Google is around $4780 ... Not many pay that here themselves.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    I paid my $200 Stanly course. I will at this stage be paying for my What's New course of $1600 but if my Employer doesn't pay, they'll still pay me for my 2 days work.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
    that's the one thing I like about my new employer, it's a first for me, they want to pay for my education. So every chance I can get I'm taking to further my technical learning experience.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Deathmage wrote: »

It depends on how big of a salary jump you can gain with a VCP.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stanly Community College is an authorized VMware IT Academy. Interested persons can see our information at the following link: https://www.stanly.edu/future-students/continuing-education/technology-courses/vmware-vsphere-install-configure-manage

slee335 wrote: »
    interesting but those Stanley CC isn't on VMware website as approved vendor. does it still count.?
    You can send me a private message with your full name, and we will be glad to check your status on the wait list.
    burfect wrote: »
    How backed up are the stanly classes? Put my name on the waiting list but I am just curious...

No chance I am going to spend 3k on a VMW course but if the quality of Stanly is good I'd seriously consider it.
    At Stanly Community College we can offer the VMware class only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. The course is conducted entirely online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. There is also an optional textbook available through our book store.

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming. We also service many students outside the U.S.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can also visit our VMware page on our SCC website at http://www.stanly.edu/continuing-education/computer-courses/vmware-vsphere.html.