Options

Are gatekeepers still in CVOICE?

davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
For anyone who passed CVOICE recently, are gatekeepers still on the exam? The reason I'm asking is that I see no mention of them at all in the exam topics, but they are covered in Kevin Wallace's book and in CBT Nuggets.

I'm just wondering if I should really really study them or just watch the video and read the book to have a general idea of what they do.

Time is a luxury right now with the exam retiring soon.

Comments

• Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    davenull wrote: »
    For anyone who passed CVOICE recently, are gatekeepers still on the exam? The reason I'm asking is that I see no mention of them at all in the exam topics, but they are covered in Kevin Wallace's book and in CBT Nuggets.

I'm just wondering if I should really really study them or just watch the video and read the book to have a general idea of what they do.

Time is a luxury right now with the exam retiring soon.

I do recall CVOICE just skirting on the subject with no heavy emphasis on the subject. CIPT2 on the other hand does.

With this in mind, I strongly suggest you get familiar with what they do & how they work at a minimum. They're even not that hard to understand aside from that default technology prefix stuff..i know that kind of bugged me a bit when I was studying for CVOICE.

Good luck!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I'm not sure if they are on the exam, but they are still in the exam blueprint. They are disappearing day by day. When I first got started in VoIP they were everywhere, now I'm pulling them out for CUBE's which can do all the CaC, Call setup and signalling with way more features.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they are on the exam, but they are still in the exam blueprint.

That's the part that confuses me. I don't see gatekeepers in the exam topics at all. I see they are briefly mentioned in the header description but not in the actual blueprint.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccvp/cvoicev8/exam-topics

Like you say, gatekeepers are falling out of favor. I wouldn't be surprised if they were included in the blueprint initially but were taken out by Cisco at some point and they just forgot to update the description.