CVOICE pass

davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, this was a pretty tough one. I got 872 with 847 passing score. They sure test your math skills here - I covered both sides of that laminated paper they give you with my scribbles.

I used:
- Kevin Wallace's FLG
- Froehlich's book from Sybex
- INE and CBTNuggets videos, some videos from youtube (for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkVUGeaIXjg - really helped with fax)
- home lab, work lab, studying configs on VGs in the real world, bugging voice gurus at work :)

I'm moving on to CIPT1, installing CUCM again, I hope I won't forget to snapshot fresh install this time.

Comments

• praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice work. Keep it up.
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif What is your plan of attack for the rest of the CCNP Voice, do you thing you'll get it done in time before it becomes CCNP Collaboration?
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Yeap, it does test your maths skills :P like crazy! Good luck with your further studies!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif What is your plan of attack for the rest of the CCNP Voice, do you thing you'll get it done in time before it becomes CCNP Collaboration?

That's the goal. I was thinking of giving myself a month per exam, but I feel fairly comfortable with CIPT1/CIPT2 topics so I may cut down preparation time for these two and concentrate on my weaker areas, which is CAPPS and, possibly, TSHOOT.

I'm surprised as to how much CCNP material was already covered in the CCNA Voice Lab Manual. I'm glad I labbed through that from cover to cover.

On a side note, after passing CCNA Voice I stapled together the pages that describe the CCP way of doing things in it. :)
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Sounds like a solid plan, I think CIPT2 is supposed to be a bit of a beast by all accounts (most say it's the hardest exam of the track), I myself haven't done it yet so I can really comment. CAPPS is supposed to be pretty dry so that will be a difficult one, plus apart from some videos there aren't many study resources for it.

Negru_tudor posted a link in his CAPPS thread to some really good study materials for the exam.
    davenull wrote: »
    On a side note, after passing CCNA Voice I stapled together the pages that describe the CCP way of doing things in it. :)

Hahaha I'd almost forgotten what CCP is!