ITIL registration

dr.sugandr.sugan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm planning to undergo, ITIL foundation exam and wanted to know how to proceed means
Where to register (recognised one ) ?
Where do i get the latest updated syllabus ?
Do i get the study guide some where free of cost or which one should i buy?

Please help me to accomplish something in life.

Comments

• zafeer20zafeer20 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat, I will keep you posted if I find where to start.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    My workplace directed me to knowledgeacademy.com. Learn at your own pace and there are practice exams.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There's a lot of good information in these forums, but put simply:

You can study for the foundation using books, free resources from the web, e-learning or classroom training
    The exam can be taken with a training company, in a test centre or online

As a trainer, I would recommend people take either online or classroom training if their budget allows, because there is more value in terms of what you learn and the ability to ask questions.

Good luck with your studies,

Claire
  • shivani rainashivani raina Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

i have cleared the itil foundation but i need to know what to do next after this. Please suggest me, i am working in technical helpdesk. what would be best scope after this.
  • AdrianITAdrianIT Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There some free resources online (eg. https://www.cybrary.it/) which do a good job if you plan for self study.
    I have my exam book tomorrow. The only materials i used was ITIL at a glance (ebook) and CBT Nuggets ITIL v3 Foundation (2015).
    I have practised on the VCE files also
    \\2015: [x]ITIL [x]Become a dad [x]Move out my parents house! :)
    \\2016: [ ]70-410 [ ]70-411 [ ]70-412 [ ]Sec+ [ ]CISSP
    Good luck Adrian icon_smile.gif
  • AdrianITAdrianIT Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Adrian icon_smile.gif

Thanks!
    Passed the exam on Friday. Cannot stress enough that exam takers READ THE QUESTIONS carefully! Most of the questions I ended up having to read twice just to be sure. It's easy to get caught out misreading the words; CORRECT, INCORRECT, NOT, and even "which of these is NOT INCORRECT?"..blimey!..
    \\2015: [x]ITIL [x]Become a dad [x]Move out my parents house! :)
    \\2016: [ ]70-410 [ ]70-411 [ ]70-412 [ ]Sec+ [ ]CISSP
    Congratulations! Brilliant advice for others too, sometimes it's easy to see the answer you think you're looking for, not the answer to the actual question.

Claire
  • dr.sugandr.sugan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot Claire and all for the clarifications. It was helpful. Can anyone please post the link, where should we register for this exam ? Which sort of certification is recognised by all companies ? Thanks in advance
    Hi dr.sugan

There are lots of different companies that sell the exam, you will need to think about if you want to take it online, in a test centre, via a training company etc. The ITIL Foundation is globally recognised.

Claire
    I recently collaborated with the owners of ITIL to write a blog that answers common ITIL training questions. You can read it here, hope it's helpful.

https://www.axelos.com/news/blogs/july-2015/top-questions-in-itil-training

Claire
    Thanks Claire. Will check that link right away. You are so helpful.
    Hey Clarie,

You know what, i have visited this site before. Looks very familiar to me, one open job position mention that they require V2 or V3 certification. I'm planning to take the foundation level certification, so is it V2 or ????? Im not sure. Please excuse me if i asked any silly questions
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratsicon_thumright.gif and how much is for the exam?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I recently collaborated with the owners of ITIL to write a blog that answers common ITIL training questions. You can read it here, hope it's helpful.

https://www.axelos.com/news/blogs/july-2015/top-questions-in-itil-training

Claire

Thanks alot Claire I will check it out as I have the ITIL v3 foundations exam on my to do List.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    Hi Greg,

Have you finished the foundation level and moved on with V3 or straight away sitting for V3 exam ? Please let me know.
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The current version of the ITIL Foundation exam is version 3 (referred to as ITILv3 and I think I've seen is called ITIL 2011 with 2011 representing the year it was last updated I believe). V3 is not a separate exam. When you register and take the ITIL Foundation exam it will be version 3 therefore you will have completed the ITILv3 exam and would meet the requirement for that job posting.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
    Hi Soccarplayer29, thank you so much for making me understand. Let me register and write the exam. I appreciate ur help.
  • Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    Technically ITIL 2011 replaced ITIL V3, as the syllabus changed slightly. People often are unaware of this and still talk about V3. Mostly this does not matter, but be careful to get copies of the ITIL 2011 syllabus and official mock exams from the ITIL official site, as others you may find may be actual V3 old versions.